Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He who? My truck doesn't use keys.
    It's Texas. You just say "giddyup" at the steering column.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It's Texas. You just say "giddyup" at the steering column.
      Zackly
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

His eyesight is fine. He even flew his airplane until last week when he finally sold it after 50 years....
        Here, after the age of 75, you have to have the ok from a doctor to be able to renew your license. It's not much of a test, but the doc knows the history of the person, and can make a judgement on the ability to continue to drive. If that's the case there, could you have a word with his doctor?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Where's my self driving car, you whippersnappers!
          Yeah, I sure hope they get the self-driving cars sorted out before I have to give up my keys.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Here, after the age of 75, you have to have the ok from a doctor to be able to renew your license. It's not much of a test, but the doc knows the history of the person, and can make a judgement on the ability to continue to drive. If that's the case there, could you have a word with his doctor?
            Couldn't that lead to "doctor shopping"? Going to several until you get an okay.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Canadian doctor: "Sorry we can't renew your license. Have you considered medically assisted dying instead?"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Couldn't that lead to "doctor shopping"? Going to several until you get an okay.
                Well, it’s possible. Not easy here, since it’s darn hard to find a new doctor that will even talk to you since the system is so broken. I was assuming that a family GP would know the history of the person and have patient files at hand.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Canadian doctor: "Sorry we can't renew your license. Have you considered medically assisted dying instead?"
                  I’m sure that’s coming as long as JT is holding the reins.

Comment

Comment

After reading the thread's title, now I can just imagine people singing this to their car keys.
                      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I personally witnessed an accident from somebody in his 70s or 80s a few weeks ago. A car was going 40-50 through a parking lot, sideswiped several vehicles, and plowed into three parked cars, compacting one of them 15-20 feet in front of me. The elderly driver was hurt but alert, and came out saying that his prosthetic leg had gotten stuck to the accelerator. I sincerely hope that's it for his driving career.

(Nobody was in any of the parked cars.)
                        Last edited by KingsGambit; 02-14-2024, 09:58 AM.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I personally witnessed an accident from somebody in his 70s or 80s a few weeks ago. A car was going 40-50 through a parking lot, sideswiped several vehicles, and plowed into three parked cars, compacting one of them 15-20 feet in front of me. The elderly driver was hurt but alert, and came out saying that his prosthetic leg had gotten stuck to the accelerator. I sincerely hope that's it for his driving career.

(Nobody was in any of the parked cars.)
                          Either Sunday or Monday I was in line at the check out when an elderly woman with "coke bottle" glasses had a magnifying glass out trying to read the scanner for her credit card. After a bit I offered to help which consisted of hitting the large red button on the screen that she had been hunting for.

She slowly walked outside but was gone by the time I was done and outside.

I really hope she wasn't driving.

And that she's mainly near-sighted.

Comment