It's STEAK ----

Do you prefer to grill at home?
    Favorite Steak Place?
    Rare, Medium Well Done?
    Reverse seared then grilled?
    Best steak you've ever eaten?
    Pan-fried?
    Wood smoked?
    What cut - ribeye, sirloin, filet mignon, flank, NY Strip...
    Are YOU the Steak cooker/griller?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

So, about 2 years ago I went all in and bought a Napoleon Grill with a side sear station, and I sear my steaks on both sides for about 2 minutes each, then put then on the grill.
    I have gotten to where I just really like a good slab of Top Sirloin over Ribeye or NY Strip.
    I used to have to have my steaks done WELL, but have really gotten to where I like them medium with a "thin line of pink" in the middle.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I like my steak medium rare. My partner grills them to perfection and I rub them the day before with a delicious homemade rub as well as cook our sides. I'm especially fond of ribeyes.
      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This is NOT a Bacon Thread!

It's STEAK ----

Do you prefer to grill at home?
        Favorite Steak Place?
        Rare, Medium Well Done?
        Reverse seared then grilled?
        Best steak you've ever eaten?
        Pan-fried?
        Wood smoked?
        What cut - ribeye, sirloin, filet mignon, flank, NY Strip...
        Are YOU the Steak cooker/griller?
        Yes.

My favorite place has been out of business for years. Steaks so tender they make Kobe beef look like shoe leather. Don't need a knife to cut them.

Medium Rare.

Grilled or Pan-fried

Ribeye and Filet Mignon

Occasionally

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Striploin, T-bone, rib, any of those. I usually just broil them in the oven in the winter and MelMak grills them when we don't have snow.

I want rare or, at the most, medium rare, and the best steak I've ever eaten is any that I don't have to cook.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You forgot to ask what barbecue sauce we like with our steak.

And I'm not picky about my steak, though medium to well-done is what I prefer. Not too much juice running around loose on my plate that way.
            Last edited by The Melody Maker; 01-09-2024, 01:36 PM.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

And I'm not picky about my steak, though medium to well-done is what I prefer. Not too much juice running around loose on my plate that way.
              I prefer ketchup. And I like the juice!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                And do you use steak sauce? Or marinate them?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  And do you use steak sauce? Or marinate them?
                  No. It's straight onto the grill or the broiler. Don't need to marinate the more tender cuts. The bbq sauce, for those who like it, is put on near the end so it doesn't burn.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I prefer ketchup. And I like the juice!

I love ketchup. Put it on far too many things. But never steak. Never. At different times I've used A-1, Lea & Perrin and, IIRC, Delmonicos. For a couple years I got into various marinated steaks. But these days I prefer them nekkid.

Comment

I love ketchup. Put it on far too many things. But never steak. Never. At different times I've used A-1, Lea & Perrin and, IIRC, Delmonicos. For a couple years I got into various marinated steaks. But these days I prefer them nekkid.
                      Used to use A-1, and got tired of it. I could eat it without anything, but I like a bit of ketchup. And I SHOULD be eating more red meat for my iron's sake, but it's too expensive for the cuts we like! Our portions are usually too big for me, so I cut mine in half after cooking and refrigerate it so I can have it for another meal during the week.

Comment

I just like sprinkling Kosher salt on them, let them sit for about 2 hours at room temperature, then sear....

And...

sweet baby ray.jpg

Comment

A good steak doesn't need any seasoning.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            A good steak doesn't need any seasoning.
                            I forgot to include PORK STEAKS!!!!

Comment

I've really gotten away from meat products in the last couple of years. When I have eaten steak, I preferred it medium well with blackened seasoning - or, Longhorn's 7-pepper seasoning.

Comment