• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Another tip: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/245446248415203027/

Basically, they Saran wrapped the cutlery tray. Soooo doing this myself next time!
    Here is the best tip. Get your friends to help you move in exchange for pizza.

...then while they are doing all the work, tell them you are going to get the pizza. Come back 3 or 4 hours later and the job is done.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Another tip: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/245446248415203027/

Basically, they Saran wrapped the cutlery tray. Soooo doing this myself next time!

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    No kidding! A co-worker was looking for houses in a nearby area, but she ultimately gave up and is settling for an apartment until things calm down. At least one house in that area had multiple offers in a matter of hours.

Ouch...

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    97% of asking? Not bad.

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Wow. Glad for you - but also glad I don't have to buy there!
    No kidding! A co-worker was looking for houses in a nearby area, but she ultimately gave up and is settling for an apartment until things calm down. At least one house in that area had multiple offers in a matter of hours.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Wow. Glad for you - but also glad I don't have to buy there!

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Is your housing market that hot?
    It is, actually. There are comps that have sold in two days. From what I'm given to understand, the current inventory for homes with our value range is ~6,500. That's for the entire DFW metroplex. If it's priced right, we're realistically expecting two weeks at the outset with multiple offers getting us ~97% of asking price. It's absolutely insane.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I was going to ask the same thing. In my neighborhood, there have been very nice and affordable homes for sale for over 2 years now. Just sitting there. He might have to just move, and live in an apartment and keep paying his mortgage on his old house until the realtor can sell it for him.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Quick update on this. The current plan is this:

The house will go on sale the last week of May. My wife's last day at her current job will be July 3rd (4th?). My last day will be no later than July 9th. We have sisters (one for each of us) getting married the 11th and 19th. My wife's start date is going to be sometime the week of 21-25th of July. My start date is tentatively August 1st.

I need to work out moving dates asap. We should be able to vacate the house July 7th or so, with anticipated delivery set for July 16th (includes one vehicle). My family and I will go to Lubbock for the 11th wedding. I will leave from there driving to the new place and directing moving. Not sure yet if my wife will come with me or not. Kid will go with grandparents for sure. I and whoever goes with me will leave the car at Portland airport then fly back to Lubbock for the other wedding. We'll have to hitch rides that weekend, but that's not a big deal. Family can drop us off at Lubbock airport the morning of the 20th.

It's definitely going to be a crazy time.

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Thanks, Teal. I'll check those out when I get home.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    From Pinterest:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/245446248415651802/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/245446248415646461/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/245446248415641863/

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    My cat mostly did ok. He was especially fine after we bathed him, syringed him some water. He preferred sitting with the driver and looking out the window of the car.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    The dogs moved to my parents' house a year or two ago. We have a guinea pig that is free to a good home...

If only.
    That's why you haven't mentioned them in a while, huh?

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Oh ok. Most of mine were like that. Only one was a people cat...He even helped the plumber fix my sink.

Leave a comment: