Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bah, Hamburger!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bah, Hamburger!!!

    Do you eat Hamburgers?
    Cook them at home?
    Favorite Burger Joint?
    Grill them on the Grill, fry them in a pan...?

    Do you like them nearly burnt? Still bloody?

    All the stuff - fixins?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

  • #2
    Yes,

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Do you eat Hamburgers?
      Cook them at home?
      Favorite Burger Joint?
      Grill them on the Grill, fry them in a pan...?

      Do you like them nearly burnt? Still bloody?

      All the stuff - fixins?
      Cheese Burger. Thick and juicy (medium rare)

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #4
        Hate "smashburgers"

        Love burgers made on a charcoal grill. Medium to well done for me.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just eat the meat. I've found that a bun is too much for me. So, onions and perhaps cheese. I will put ketchup on it myself. And I do want fries with that.

          If I make burgers at home, I will chop onions and mix them in the ground beef for MelMak and me. Mr. mossy doesn't want onions in his. So the 2 guys will have them in buns, and I will just have the meat with the onions in it, and put a little ketchup on it. I prefer the meat to be cooked just under well done, but I have trouble cooking them that way so they are always too well done for my liking.

          I have cooked them in the oven on bake, or in a frying pan. The frying pan is easier and only messes up the stove top and not the whole oven with spattering. So that is my preferred method.

          The guys will add tomatoes (if I've thought far enough ahead to to buy some, because tomatoes are of the devil) and lettuce. And mustard and relish and ketchup, Mr. mossy might use mayonnaise, too. And MelMak doesn't want cheese on his, so he doesn't add that.

          I hardly ever make fries, so we usually just have a veg with.

          If I have fresh mushrooms, I will saute those and add those to the plate. too.


          Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

          Comment


          • #6
            I remember back when Hardee's had actual charbroiled over actual charcoal hamburgers.

            Now they taste like they boiled them instead. Although they still seem to call them "charbroiled"


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Hate "smashburgers"

              Love burgers made on a charcoal grill. Medium to well done for me.
              Oh yeah... and

              No tomatoes. Mossy is right. Tomatoes (raw) are of the Devil. Once you cook the hell out of them they are OK.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                Oh yeah... and

                No tomatoes. Mossy is right. Tomatoes (raw) are of the Devil. Once you cook the hell out of them they are OK.
                Only on pizza and other Italian foods as "paste" -- not whole chunks.

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like my hamburger with barbecue sauce, mustard and a tomato slice. (Onion optional, but still good. )
                    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

                    "[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

                    Fight spam!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well done, quarter pound or one third. Toasted kaiser roll, preferably with lots of poppy seeds. NO sesame seeds. Ketchup only; no other condiments.
                      When I Survey....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                        Mossy is right.
                        About time you said it!


                        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                          I like my hamburger with barbecue sauce, mustard and a tomato slice. (Onion optional, but still good. )
                          I forgot about you and bbq sauce.


                          Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            I just eat the meat. I've found that a bun is too much for me. So, onions and perhaps cheese. I will put ketchup on it myself. And I do want fries with that.

                            If I make burgers at home, I will chop onions and mix them in the ground beef for MelMak and me. Mr. mossy doesn't want onions in his. So the 2 guys will have them in buns, and I will just have the meat with the onions in it, and put a little ketchup on it. I prefer the meat to be cooked just under well done, but I have trouble cooking them that way so they are always too well done for my liking.

                            I have cooked them in the oven on bake, or in a frying pan. The frying pan is easier and only messes up the stove top and not the whole oven with spattering. So that is my preferred method.

                            The guys will add tomatoes (if I've thought far enough ahead to to buy some, because tomatoes are of the devil) and lettuce. And mustard and relish and ketchup, Mr. mossy might use mayonnaise, too. And MelMak doesn't want cheese on his, so he doesn't add that.

                            I hardly ever make fries, so we usually just have a veg with.

                            If I have fresh mushrooms, I will saute those and add those to the plate. too.
                            I used to add lettuce, tomato, onion, and other stuff - but I've come to find I like just the burger on a good whole wheat bun, with some cheese (melted on it while cooking), may and bacon - the crispy kind like we used to get before the war.

                            And salt and pepper.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Also, I used to insist on the burger being well done -- I'm finding I don't mind if it's pink in the middle, and maybe even slightly more rare than that.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cow Poke, 02-16-2024, 09:29 AM
                              3 responses
                              26 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparko
                              by Sparko
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 02-13-2024, 02:38 PM
                              26 responses
                              131 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 02-13-2024, 02:11 PM
                              40 responses
                              137 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Cow Poke, 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
                              91 responses
                              284 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Cow Poke, 01-09-2024, 01:50 PM
                              83 responses
                              293 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X