No announcement yet.

Mrs CP and I hitting the rails like a couple of hobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't ridden on trains here, but I did (and do) ride trains in Europe (Germany).

They are a nice way to travel and see the countryside.

So when are you stopping by my neck of the woods? I believe we have an Amtrak terminal here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I haven't ridden on trains here, but I did (and do) ride trains in Europe (Germany).

They are a nice way to travel and see the countryside.

So when are you stopping by my neck of the woods? I believe we have an Amtrak terminal here.
      Interesting - and some of the Amtrak terminals are "smoke break" or "get a breath of fresh air" stops, and others are not.... I'll have to check that out.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interesting - and some of the Amtrak terminals are "smoke break" or "get a breath of fresh air" stops, and others are not.... I'll have to check that out.
        You should plan an Amtrak trip visiting all of the Twebbers in the USA and Canada, then take the Biden train across the Atlantic and visit the Twebbers in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

You could personally evangelize all the atheists!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The image on the top right seems to show a successful robbery of the train. CP will need to keep an eye out for polar bear robbers

Comment

Chicago and Seattle? You have got to be out of your ever lovin' mind. Why not San Francisco? That's much safer. And make sure you're well armed, and have somebody who is able to take your place at church.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              Chicago and Seattle? You have got to be out of your ever lovin' mind. Why not San Francisco? That's much safer. And make sure you're well armed, and have somebody who is able to take your place at church.
              Laughing --- our plan is to land in Chicago, Uber from the airport to Union Station, then, because we have sleeper car passage, we get to hang out in the fancy schmancy first class lounge at the train station.
              Not spending the night in Chicago.

Then, arriving in Seattle, we just MIGHT stay in the station to catch another train up to wherever that is I'm trying to say -- Vancouver, British Columbia?
              Maybe stay a couple nights there, then fly back to Houston from there.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why are you going in November? Wouldn't spring be nicer? Especially through the mountains.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So, confession.... about the only time Mrs CP and I ... um.... don't do so well... is vacation planning.
                  She always knows what she does NOT want, but seldom can decide what she DOES want.

Just about the time I think we have a game plan, she changes her mind.

HOWEVER, I'm learning to ask, "is that your final answer?", then, "OK, please sign this memo of understanding".

Comment

So, confession.... about the only time Mrs CP and I ... um.... don't do so well... is vacation planning.
                    She always knows what she does NOT want, but seldom can decide what she DOES want.

Just about the time I think we have a game plan, she changes her mind.

HOWEVER, I'm learning to ask, "is that your final answer?", then, "OK, please sign this memo of understanding".
                    My idea of a vacation anymore is to visit our daughter and her husband and our Buckwheat. For the day. Otherwise I'm happy in my own house.

Mr. mossy likes to spend 7 hours a day in the car. And with my arthritis getting worse all the time I can't take that sort of all day thing. For days and days. The last time we took a road trip we saw Sparky and OBP.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Oh and say Hi to Joe Biden and his Amtrak friend if you see them on your journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Oh and say Hi to Joe Biden and his Amtrak friend if you see them on your journey.
                        Joe is up to 1 Trillion Rider Miles now! He's been riding the rails with MLK Jr and Nelson Mandela. And Elvis.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

My idea of a vacation anymore is to visit our daughter and her husband and our Buckwheat. For the day. Otherwise I'm happy in my own house.

Mr. mossy likes to spend 7 hours a day in the car. And with my arthritis getting worse all the time I can't take that sort of all day thing. For days and days. The last time we took a road trip we saw Sparky and OBP.
                          That's why I like the train - you don't have to worry about traffic jams (unless your train derails ) and you can get up and walk around while still moving along.
                          AND, you never have to worry about being shoehorned into a really tiny seat with no legroom.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Odds are you would be following the TransCanada Highway and it would be more southerly across the country. If you want polar bears you need to go to Churchill, Manitoba to see them. I myself have never seen one in the wild, but we’re only central Alberta. I'd have to go way north to the Yukon or NWT for that.
                            That's the one I wanted to take! But I need to get wifey on board and Trudeau out first.

Comment

I looked into that cross-Canada rail trip and the reviews for the eastern portion weren't too great. The western leg, from Toronto to BC, got rave reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I looked into that cross-Canada rail trip and the reviews for the eastern portion weren't too great. The western leg, from Toronto to BC, got rave reviews.
                                Finding pretty much the same thing - thanks!

Comment