No announcement yet.

I'm NOT going to Jail!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In one of the reports, specific stores are mentioned as culprits while others do not have such a history. I rarely see police at our suburban WalMart, and I've been told that the store knows who the regulars are and don't pay much attention to them. Meaning, once certain customers have been watched often enough and they are behaved, the store stops watching them.

My now-deceased stepson was a junkie and he used a scheme where he would steal TVs from WalMarts. I forget his system now but it was effective for a while. Once he was caught, he was banned from all WalMarts and his photo was posted next to the monitors. My brother-in-law used to shop with him, so he ended up being watched so carefully that he couldn't stand it anymore and stopped going there. "Secret shoppers" would follow him from aisle to aisle.

Comment

Police officer pays for shoplifting suspects’ holiday dinner

SOMERSET, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police officer declined to charge two women accused of trying to steal groceries for the children — and instead bought them Christmas dinner.

Somerset Officer Matt Lima responded to a report of shoplifting Dec. 20 at Stop & Shop, where two women with two young children were accused of putting groceries into bags at a self-checkout kiosk without scanning them.

The women said they had fallen on hard times and were trying to provide a Christmas dinner for the children. Lima says he was reminded of his own children and used his own money to buy $250 in grocery gift cards.

“His actions exemplify what it means to protect and serve the members of our community,” Chief George McNeil said on the department’s website.
      https://apnews.com/article/police-pa...ccb606b6ee1dd4

Comment