Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm NOT going to Jail!!!!

OK, just had to share this....

My son-in-law is a Lieutenant with our Police Department.
    He called this morning out of the blue to ask if I was at Walmart last night.
    Yup.
    Did you buy anything in the electronics department?
    Yup.
    Does it still have the spider-wrap on it?
    Ummmm... ok, you're scaring me --- where is this going?

He said Walmart has video of me leaving the store without paying for something.

I felt sick. I told him I'd go out to the truck to check, and, sure enough, there was the $20 Access Point with the spider-wrap still intact.

I had bought 3 shirts, some lemonade, some C-cell batteries, and that Access Point.

He asked if the Access Point was on the receipt, and since I did scanning in the App, I didn't have a receipt.
    Went online, and sure enough, all my other stuff was on the receipt but not the access point.

I remembered hearing a beep as I was going out the door, so I stopped to check, thinking the shirts must have had anti-theft device things on them.
    There were none, so I went to my truck, tossed everything in the back seat, and drove off.

He told me that the video shows me stopping outside the store, checking the shirts, so that story sounded plausible.
    HE KNEW, I'm sure, I wouldn't steal a $20 device, so it was good that he is the guy who deals with the anti-theft folks at Wally World.

The kicker - I was buying this access point for HIM, to install in his garage later tonight.
    After putting in my cart, I thought I really don't need it, cause I'm sure I have Access Points in a tub in my shop, so I put it back.
    Then I thought, "oh, well, I'll go ahead and get it, and if I don't need it, I'll bring it back".

Long story short, Walmart very graciously let me come in and pay for the AP, they removed the spider-wrap, and I'm good to go.

But, SHEEEEeeeeeeessssshhhhh... what a sick feeling to think that somebody thought I was shoplifting!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

A likely story

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      A likely story
      I actually felt queasy when going back to the store.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I actually felt queasy when going back to the store.

You shoulda told them it was under $90 so you figured you were allowed to steal it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You shoulda told them it was under $90 so you figured you were allowed to steal it.
          That thought occurred to me, but I figured it wasn't the time or place.

And isn't it under $900 in Cali?

Comment

I'm sure WalMart deals with that sort of thing on a regular basis. My wife and I got home and among our bags of about $200 in purchases, I found a loose hair-spray bottle ($4 value). It wasn't on the receipt, it was laying in the cart and I just threw it in the car (I guess). I never went back to pay for it.

I've been waiting for an arrest warrant. It has been living rent free in my head like a TDS Trump patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I'm sure WalMart deals with that sort of thing on a regular basis. My wife and I got home and among our bags of about $200 in purchases, I found a loose hair-spray bottle ($4 value). It wasn't on the receipt, it was laying in the cart and I just threw it in the car (I guess). I never went back to pay for it.

I've been waiting for an arrest warrant. It has been living rent free in my head like a TDS Trump patient.
              Apparently, it's the "spider-wrap" device that triggers them --- unless an employee happens to see you absconding with something.

Comment

We bought a few things at Walmart quite a while ago when they first started with their user-friendly () check outs. I didn't know what I was doing, so I yanked my card out of the reader before it approved the sale.

We walked away and as we were putting the stuff in the trunk, I realized I didn't get a receipt. So I went back into the store to see if I could get one, and the woman at the self serve area informed me that I hadn't paid for what we took as I took my card out too soon. I was appalled, and immediately was able to pay for the items and apologized profusely.

She had tried to catch us but she is slower than I am so she couldn't get to us before we left the store.

They didn't ban us, anyway. Yet.........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

OK, just had to share this....

My son-in-law is a Lieutenant with our Police Department.
                  He called this morning out of the blue to ask if I was at Walmart last night.
                  Yup.
                  Did you buy anything in the electronics department?
                  Yup.
                  Does it still have the spider-wrap on it?
                  Ummmm... ok, you're scaring me --- where is this going?

He said Walmart has video of me leaving the store without paying for something.

I felt sick. I told him I'd go out to the truck to check, and, sure enough, there was the $20 Access Point with the spider-wrap still intact.

I had bought 3 shirts, some lemonade, some C-cell batteries, and that Access Point.

He asked if the Access Point was on the receipt, and since I did scanning in the App, I didn't have a receipt.
                  Went online, and sure enough, all my other stuff was on the receipt but not the access point.

I remembered hearing a beep as I was going out the door, so I stopped to check, thinking the shirts must have had anti-theft device things on them.
                  There were none, so I went to my truck, tossed everything in the back seat, and drove off.

He told me that the video shows me stopping outside the store, checking the shirts, so that story sounded plausible.
                  HE KNEW, I'm sure, I wouldn't steal a $20 device, so it was good that he is the guy who deals with the anti-theft folks at Wally World.

The kicker - I was buying this access point for HIM, to install in his garage later tonight.
                  After putting in my cart, I thought I really don't need it, cause I'm sure I have Access Points in a tub in my shop, so I put it back.
                  Then I thought, "oh, well, I'll go ahead and get it, and if I don't need it, I'll bring it back".

Long story short, Walmart very graciously let me come in and pay for the AP, they removed the spider-wrap, and I'm good to go.

But, SHEEEEeeeeeeessssshhhhh... what a sick feeling to think that somebody thought I was shoplifting!!!!
                  Wait, your walmart and DA actually prosecutes shoplifters? Don't they know that is racist now? They should arrest the store employee who reported you!

King Soopers fired 5 workers for stopping shoplifter
                  https://kdvr.com/news/local/king-soo...investigation/

One time I was stopped outside of a book store by the store detective who thought he saw me put a book in a shopping bag and walk out. He asked to look in the bag, and I showed him and when he saw he was wrong, he apologized and I said, no problem and went home.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    We bought a few things at Walmart quite a while ago when they first started with their user-friendly () check outs. I didn't know what I was doing, so I yanked my card out of the reader before it approved the sale.

We walked away and as we were putting the stuff in the trunk, I realized I didn't get a receipt. So I went back into the store to see if I could get one, and the woman at the self serve area informed me that I hadn't paid for what we took as I took my card out too soon. I was appalled, and immediately was able to pay for the items and apologized profusely.

She had tried to catch us but she is slower than I am so she couldn't get to us before we left the store.

Pictures of you are on the wall of every Walmart security department office from Saskatoon to Moose Jaw to Kamloops!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I got a free pound of thick cut bacon that I didn't pay for in my Kroger grocery pickup once. But then they have also forgotten items in my order on various occasions too, so I figure it is a wash. The only way to get credit for missing items is to go into the store and complain at the customer desk, and I am not going to do that for a couple of bucks, unless it is something I really need, then I will go complain and then get the item that I paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Wait, your walmart and DA actually prosecutes shoplifters? Don't they know that is racist now? They should arrest the store employee who reported you!
                        Not sure if they would actually prosecute, but, yeah... apparently stealing is still against the law here.

King Soopers fired 5 workers for stopping shoplifter
                        https://kdvr.com/news/local/king-soo...investigation/

One time I was stopped outside of a book store by the store detective who thought he saw me put a book in a shopping bag and walk out. He asked to look in the bag, and I showed him and when he saw he was wrong, he apologized and I said, no problem and went home.
                        Yup - I've talked to several people in the "loss prevention business" and some of them tell me "we can bluff - that we're going to stop them - but there's really nothing we can do". That was a Metro Cop in Nashville who told me that.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I was in a hurry once when I was leaving Wally World, and a guy at the door asked to see my receipt.... I just told him "no thanks", and continued to my truck.

Comment

I was in a hurry once when I was leaving Wally World, and a guy at the door asked to see my receipt.... I just told him "no thanks", and continued to my truck.
                            If I had gone all the way home and then realized I didn't have the receipt I wouldn't have bothered. But I like to keep careful records and I couldn't remember the exact amount of the purchase, and I was there in the parking lot so I went back in. I think the Lord was doing that.......

Nobody stops us to look at our receipt there anymore. I usually have it handy in my purse, and once in a while I offer it, but they just shake their heads and say something like, "you are regular shoppers here", and away we go.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I got a free pound of thick cut bacon that I didn't pay for in my Kroger grocery pickup once. But then they have also forgotten items in my order on various occasions too, so I figure it is a wash.
                              Exactly. We used to get double-charged on occasion at this WalMart (before using self checkout) and not noticed it until we got home. It evens out.

The only way to get credit for missing items is to go into the store and complain at the customer desk, and I am not going to do that for a couple of bucks, unless it is something I really need, then I will go complain and then get the item that I paid for.
                              Someone had mentioned that the money stores save by having self checkout instead of hiring extra cashiers more than pays for the few unpaid items that sneak through.

Comment