No announcement yet.

End Derail: Long Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am curious how much of a difference it makes in whether a politician claims not to drink, given that three of the last four Presidents have claimed not to. With Bush, it would lend credibility to his claim of being a changed man (to be clear, I don't think he made the decision not to drink as a politically calculated move). It seems clear that with Trump, it was personal preference based on his own circumstances; he's not the kind of person who would shy away from drinking if he really wanted to (and if he was secretly drinking, you know that news would have leaked immediately).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't care if a president drinks alcohol or smokes pot, so long as it doesn't interfere with his duties. If Pelosi is actually drunk when speaking in public, then she needs to be ousted.

I've never been much for marijuana but I've had friends who loved the stuff. One friend is an actual "rocket scientist" (he hates being called that) and helped develop the fuel for the Space Shuttle. He smoked pot throughout college but ultimately had to stop because it interfered with his concentration and with his finals. As soon as he graduated it was reefer time again.
      "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
      "
      Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

Comment

If someone drinks rarely I have no problem with them claiming they don't drink. A drink during a toast now and then doesn't really count. But if they drink wine or beer during meals, or regularly then it would be a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          If someone drinks rarely I have no problem with them claiming they don't drink. A drink during a toast now and then doesn't really count. But if they drink wine or beer during meals, or regularly then it would be a lie.
          Or like someone who takes Communion but otherwise doesn't. That's such a small amount and nobody's getting drunk from that.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment