I have a brain!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    They're now saying it'll only be 96. Also humidity real low at the moment.
    Just finished a good swim - pool is in the backyard, sun sets on the front of the house, so from 3PM to dark we have varying degrees of shade in the pool.
    Really nice to get my old man exercise swimming instead of walking.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I worked with a guy who had a diabetic episode one day, which came on because he wasn't aware (yet) he had diabetes. He was driving to a customer location and lost his way. He pulled over to examine his Thomas Brothers* maps (remember those?) and he couldn't make heads or tails out of it.

So, he decided to go home but got lost. He found a phone booth (remember those?) and managed to call his wife. He told her the intersection where he was - he'd been there before - but didn't know which way to go to get home. She came and got him and rushed him to the hospital. He ended up OK but got on an insulin regimen after that.

* I guess Thomas Brothers wasn't national, just the western states

Comment

We're supposed to have our first 100 degree day today (37.75 Celsius), currently 94.
        We've had 100 degree days for over a week.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The OP is a bald faced lie. First off, you most certainly do not have a brain. If you did we wouldn't spend so much time rescuing you from Rogue's latest hair brained scheme.

Secondly, there's no way that the EMT is old enough to get an Emergency! joke.

Glad you're feeling better.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            The OP is a bald faced lie. First off, you most certainly do not have a brain. If you did we wouldn't spend so much time rescuing you from Rogue's latest hair brained scheme.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Did they run any blood tests on you? Make sure all of your various electrolytes and so on were good?

I am glad you are OK. And you seem to remember the actual incident clearly enough so that's good.

I had an incident like that once. It was too much ammonia in my blood from a liver problem. I was acting confused and couldn't think clearly for about 10 minutes at work. I had to go to the hospital where they "changed my oil" so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Did they run any blood tests on you? Make sure all of your various electrolytes and so on were good?

I am glad you are OK. And you seem to remember the actual incident clearly enough so that's good.

I had an incident like that once. It was too much ammonia in my blood from a liver problem. I was acting confused and couldn't think clearly for about 10 minutes at work. I had to go to the hospital where they "changed my oil" so to speak.
                  Oh, yes, extensive tests, including multiple blood draws. They were assuming it was a stroke, so they were trying to find any evidence to support that, and there was none.

And, yes, memory is back to normal for a grumpy old guy. The only "memory hole" I have is the actual event.
                  I don't remember my wife asking those questions, and I don't remember not knowing the answers.

But all of the questions she asked, and repeated on followup - I knew all the answers totally.
                  So, it's like my "memory lapse" disappeared 100% with the exception of that 30-40 minutes of "erased tape".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Oh, yes, extensive tests, including multiple blood draws. They were assuming it was a stroke, so they were trying to find any evidence to support that, and there was none.

And, yes, memory is back to normal for a grumpy old guy. The only "memory hole" I have is the actual event.
                    I don't remember my wife asking those questions, and I don't remember not knowing the answers.

But all of the questions she asked, and repeated on followup - I knew all the answers totally.
                    So, it's like my "memory lapse" disappeared 100% with the exception of that 30-40 minutes of "erased tape".
                    Just don't turn into Biden on us.

Comment

I can't even FAKE being Biden!

Comment

C'monman! Me brudda is in no danger of becoming anything like... you know, the thing. Just the other day he had clear memories of fighting off Corn Pop with a chain while on his way to participate in a Civil Rights march but then someone had a cannon, which is totally illegal, and used it to shoot out the tire on his 18-wheeler before he could trunalimunumaprzure!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, something I think is fascinating...

My wife drove us home from the hospital (about an hour drive), and on the way home, my brain was just flooding with memories from the distant past.
                          ALL of them were good memories. Things I hadn't thought about in ages.
                          Memory after memory, very pleasant.

I was discussing this with my nurse daughter, who is friends with the neurologist.
                          She mentioned this to him, and he told her to ask me if I'd be willing to share this with a group who is studying this phenomon.

It's like the brain is "rewiring" itself after such an event.

Comment

C'monman! Me brudda is in no danger of becoming anything like... you know, the thing. Just the other day he had clear memories of fighting off Corn Pop with a chain while on his way to participate in a Civil Rights march but then someone had a cannon, which is totally illegal, and used it to shoot out the tire on his 18-wheeler before he could trunalimunumaprzure!
                            Well CP does tell lots of stories of his exploits. Hmmm. He has entire threads dedicated to them!

Originally posted by CP
                            So, something I think is fascinating...

My wife drove us home from the hospital (about an hour drive), and on the way home, my brain was just flooding with memories from the distant past.
                            ALL of them were good memories. Things I hadn't thought about in ages.
                            Memory after memory, very pleasant.

I was discussing this with my nurse daughter, who is friends with the neurologist.
                            She mentioned this to him, and he told her to ask me if I'd be willing to share this with a group who is studying this phenomon.

It's like the brain is "rewiring" itself after such an event.
                            SEE?????

Comment