I have a brain!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a brain!!!!!

OK, yeah - I just set myself up for all kinds of criticism -- bring it on!

Monday afternoon (6/20) I was outside cleaning the pool, straightening up the back yard, just enjoying the Balmy Texas Weather. (We are out of pre-heat, and in full-on "bake").

As far as I was aware, nothing was wrong, but when my wife came home from work, I felt like she was asking some weird questions.
    She asked about a text I sent her, that I don't remember sending.
    She asked about a church member who was having surgery - I couldn't even think of a church member with that name, though she's a very prominent church member.
    She started asking other questions I seemed unable to answer, but should know.

She texted my daughter, who is a nurse, and said "Dad doesn't remember that yesterday was Fathers Day"....

Next thing I knew, I was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, still pretty unsure why, but "playing the game".
    As I'm the chaplain for the EMS - the guys who showed know me, and have a "baseline" of my speech and conduct to compare against how I was at the time.

I heard them say on the radio, calling to the hospital, "we know him, and this is not him".
    I told the guy who said that, "you forgot to say 'Rampart General'", and he laughed and said, "OK, you're coming back".

LONG story short, after all kinds of tests including heart monitor, CAT scan, MRI.... they determined there was no evidence of a stroke or heart damage or anything else.
    There was an echocardiogram scheduled, but they even canceled that, because they said all tests are negative.

My wife will never forget, as I'm lying there on the bed with 24-30 electrodes all over my head, the neurologist saying, "yep - not only does he have a brain, but it's quite healthy".
    Same with my heart.

So, having spent the night in the hospital, it came time for discharge.
    My nurse asked if I was steady enough to walk, and I assured her I was still "getting my steps in", (apple watch, records steps) and had no trouble with walking or balance or anything.

She then said, "OK, you're going to be in the 5% ---- only 5% of my patients get to leave the hospital unattended under their own power, not in a wheelchair".

So, I'm BACK!!!! And, yes, some of you will still question whether I have a brain, or if it's "quite healthy".

Great to be home!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

My wife will never forget, as I'm lying there on the bed with 24-30 electrodes all over my head, the neurologist saying, "yep - not only does he have a brain, but it's quite healthy".
    Yep - good as new; never been used.

And welcome back.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      Yep - good as new; never been used.

OK, you win. So far. But, then again, first entry.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So that BB rattling around that empty skull can mimic a brain pattern.

Who would ever thunk it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          So that BB rattling around that empty skull can mimic a brain pattern.

Who would ever thunk it.
          Hmmmm..... maybe that's why it took 2 hours -- they told me to lie still...

Comment

You should have asked for a note from the doc so you could show your wife you had a brain, as my son-in-law did last summer when he had a seizure due to dehydration.

We are SO thankful that you are ok! And give praise to our Lord!

Oh, and, bacon.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              You should have asked for a note from the doc so you could show your wife you had a brain, as my son-in-law did last summer when he had a seizure due to dehydration.

We are SO thankful that you are ok! And give praise to our Lord!

Oh, and, bacon.

Fortunately, my wife was right there when the doc was explaining it - and, as you might expect, I asked, "Doc, would you mind repeating that part again?"

Comment

Hmmmm..... maybe that's why it took 2 hours -- they told me to lie still...
                Oh, and...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

TIA? Heat exhaustion? Are you going to follow up with primary care?
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    TIA? Heat exhaustion? Are you going to follow up with primary care?
                    Ruled out stroke and heart problems - yes, heat exhaustion. Sent me home with no prescriptions or meds... just this advice...

drink water.jpg

Comment

Ruled out stroke and heart problems - yes, heat exhaustion. Sent me home with no prescriptions or meds... just this advice...

drink water.jpg
                      We're supposed to have our first 100 degree day today (37.75 Celsius), currently 94.

Comment

We're supposed to have our first 100 degree day today (37.75 Celsius), currently 94.
                        Stay hydrated, my friend. Valuable lesson learned.

Comment

Stay hydrated, my friend. Valuable lesson learned.
                          Did what I had to do this morning (get BP medicine refilled and buy a new microwave) and am indoors in AC (at 83), with ceiling fan and area fan on low.

Comment

houston.jpg
                            When I Survey....

Comment

They're now saying it'll only be 96. Also humidity real low at the moment.

Comment