Zombie Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Apocalypse

I didn't know where to put this. I was reading a news aggregate and saw this story and photo pop up, about a woman charged in a stabbing.

Only the photo appears to be that of a zombie. Has the apocalypse started?

zombie apocalypse.jpg

If it starts I suggest creating lines of trenches that are filled with wood chippers that we draw them into.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      If it starts I suggest creating lines of trenches that are filled with wood chippers that we draw them into.
      My brother thinks it is Lori Lightfoot

lightfoot.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

My brother thinks it is Lori Lightfoot

lightfoot.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I didn't know where to put this. I was reading a news aggregate and saw this story and photo pop up, about a woman charged in a stabbing.

Only the photo appears to be that of a zombie. Has the apocalypse started?

zombie apocalypse.jpg
          It’s about time! I’ve been waiting for it for. 2 years now!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I was thinking putting signs at the edge of cliffs that say "Free Brains --->" but trenches could work. Might be messy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I was thinking putting signs at the edge of cliffs that say "Free Brains --->" but trenches could work. Might be messy.
              Can zombies read, then?
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

Can zombies read, then?
                Source: APHASIA AND THE UNDEAD: CAN ZOMBIES READ?

Obviously no one expects to find a zombie reading the latest New York Times bestseller. Even the most voracious reader will lose their appetite for literature once they’ve joined the ranks of the living dead. But we still don’t know exactly how far gone they really are; can zombies actually read or comprehend anything at all, will they still understand symbols or street signs?

[...]

While that isn’t especially surprising, it does provide evidence that zombies can slowly lose their ability to read, write, and even comprehend a written language due to the same deadly infections responsible for aphasia itself. But there’s just one little problem.

Their findings actually stood in stark contrast to the patient’s verbal and visual abilities. He was still able to speak coherently, and even recognize line drawings, symbols, and faces. So perhaps aphasia can only account for a small part of the behavior we attribute to zombies.

After all, zombie decay theory is in its infancy. The transformation that our brains and bodies undergo from living to undead is a sliding scale; incremental and cumulative rather than a straight line from point A to point B. And there are many more factors to be examined.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

Can zombies read, then?
                  You are a zombie bigot!

Comment

Source: APHASIA AND THE UNDEAD: CAN ZOMBIES READ?

Obviously no one expects to find a zombie reading the latest New York Times bestseller. Even the most voracious reader will lose their appetite for literature once they’ve joined the ranks of the living dead. But we still don’t know exactly how far gone they really are; can zombies actually read or comprehend anything at all, will they still understand symbols or street signs?

[...]

While that isn’t especially surprising, it does provide evidence that zombies can slowly lose their ability to read, write, and even comprehend a written language due to the same deadly infections responsible for aphasia itself. But there’s just one little problem.

Their findings actually stood in stark contrast to the patient’s verbal and visual abilities. He was still able to speak coherently, and even recognize line drawings, symbols, and faces. So perhaps aphasia can only account for a small part of the behavior we attribute to zombies.

After all, zombie decay theory is in its infancy. The transformation that our brains and bodies undergo from living to undead is a sliding scale; incremental and cumulative rather than a straight line from point A to point B. And there are many more factors to be examined.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Interesting thought exercise.

I watched World War Z a couple years back and was immediately put off. I realize one has to suspend belief to get into a zombie movie in the first place, but superhuman, super fast zombies? Not even remotely possible. In order to move with the speed of an Olympic sprinter, one must be able to coordinate all sorts of movement that comes with experience and training. And then - on top of that - make immediate adjustments to any unexpected circumstance. The zombies in World War Z were doing both.

Now, I am having to picture zombies reading books and newspapers? You know, a person has difficulty reading while dreaming. I think the most I ever read while dreaming was a single word, like "stop" on a stop sign. If I tried to read anything further it was just a jumble.

Comment

Comment

They're just looking at the pictures.

Comment

I watched World War Z a couple years back and was immediately put off. I realize one has to suspend belief to get into a zombie movie in the first place, but superhuman, super fast zombies? Not even remotely possible. In order to move with the speed of an Olympic sprinter, one must be able to coordinate all sorts of movement that comes with experience and training. And then - on top of that - make immediate adjustments to any unexpected circumstance. The zombies in World War Z were doing both.

Now, I am having to picture zombies reading books and newspapers? You know, a person has difficulty reading while dreaming. I think the most I ever read while dreaming was a single word, like "stop" on a stop sign. If I tried to read anything further it was just a jumble.
                          I recall an actual academic discussion a few years back over whether or not a simple curb would be an insurmountable obstacle for a zombie.

They say it is impossible to actually read in a dream. The "words" are jumbled with non-letters and often shift about.

I was determined to prove that wrong.

Often when I'm dreaming I'm aware of it and seek to take control of the dream. For years I tried and failed at reading something while dreaming. Then a little over 30 years ago I was dreaming and a bus passed by and I succeeded in reading something written on its side. Like you it was a single, short and simple word. I instantly awoke and bolted upright in bed. Success! And so much for that old wives tale.

Comment

They're just looking at the pictures.
                            Only the ghouls in Playdead.

Comment

Just because your brain is already mush doesn't mean zombie's are. After all they eat brains and you are what you eat! Most zombies are actually geniuses. They just have very little self control.

Comment