Hot air fryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alien View Post
    We have a Ninja air fryer and so far I like it. Frozen fries come out OK, but a word of warning, don't trust the times in the book. They come out too crisp, so reduce the time. We've put frozen battered fish and fries in together, and they came out OK.

As far as storage is concerned, if you don't have space for it you don't, but it can be moved. We have it on part of the counter that isn't used for food preparation and move it to a temporary place for use. My SO doesn't find it too heavy to move easily, as she gets me to lift it.
    Yeah, it cooks fish just fine - but then the house smells like fish for few days, so we just decided we'll go out for fish when we want fish.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have been wanting to get one of those Ninja Foodi's, (combo Pressure cooker/Air fryer). It allows you to pressure cook and then brown your food. But I already have an Instant Pot so I can't really justify buying a Foodi right now. Maybe if I see a big sale on them.

Comment

So, second attempt at fresh fries is quite a bit more successful than the first time.

I am still struggling with timing so everything else comes out at the same time as the fries. But I am more optimistic than I was before!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          So, second attempt at fresh fries is quite a bit more successful than the first time.

I am still struggling with timing so everything else comes out at the same time as the fries. But I am more optimistic than I was before!
          EGGcellent!

(Though you probably shouldn't try frying eggs in it)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

EGGcellent!

(Though you probably shouldn't try frying eggs in it)
            Yuh. I already disabused MelMak of that idea. I still got some details to work out.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

My toaster oven is probably 40 years old if not older.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I have been wanting to get one of those Ninja Foodi's, (combo Pressure cooker/Air fryer). It allows you to pressure cook and then brown your food. But I already have an Instant Pot so I can't really justify buying a Foodi right now. Maybe if I see a big sale on them.
                My brother gets that stuff from Good Will. Usually they're still NIB too.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Our chef son-in-law gave us a hot air fryer for Christmas.
                  *not laughing*
                  *no, really, not laughing*
                  *absolutely not gonna laugh*
                  *no matter how great the temptation … I … shall … not … laugh*
                  *because that would be wrong*

Forgive me, Mossy, for I have sinned.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  [… and got a real convection toaster oven (black and decker)
                  Dude! That’s what I’ve got.

I picked the model with the half-round dimple inside to fit frozen pizza, and bonus, now I bake all my bread in there. Two loaves fit awesome. Baked chimichangas last night (tortillas with a black bean, rice and corn filling, with shredded cheese on top before I wrapped them). I’m trying to remember the last time I fired up the oven. It’s not like I cook birds or roasts anymore.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    My toaster oven is probably 40 years old if not older.
                    I have a microwave that is at least 30 years old and still works.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      My brother gets that stuff from Good Will. Usually they're still NIB too.
                      I haven't seen any of them there. but I did get two brand new Foodsaver vacuum sealers at good will once. One didn't work so I got it replaced from the factory under warranty.

Comment