No announcement yet.

Hot air fryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Scripture Verse: Malachi 1:8

When you offer blind animals in sacrifice, is that not evil? And when you offer those that are lame or sick, is that not evil? When you bring broken toys to the nursery, is that not evil? Present that to your governor; will he accept you or show you favor?

© Copyright Original Source

(OK, don't tell Dave L, but I may have added that third sentence. )
      How much is that worth to ya? st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpggangster-emoticon-vector-272334.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Meh.... what's the boy gonna do -- rant and rave about how Catholic I am?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Meh.... what's the boy gonna do -- rant and rave about how Catholic I am?
          I think I'll tell him your a Mormon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I think I'll tell him your a Mormon.
            You do that! I'll tell him you're a fidget!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I keep forgetting we have that thing. One morning when I'm off work I'll have to try frying some eggs in it.
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                I keep forgetting we have that thing. One morning when I'm off work I'll have to try frying some eggs in it.
                I don't think so. They will just make a mess. Read the instructions!

What little of them there are...........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I have a Black & Decker that is very similar to that one. I like that I can put a whole frozen pizza in it. I use it all the time. I don't know what I would do with an air fryer that I can't do with a toaster oven, to be honest.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

I have a Black & Decker that is very similar to that one. I like that I can put a whole frozen pizza in it. I use it all the time. I don't know what I would do with an air fryer that I can't do with a toaster oven, to be honest.
                    Mine will only hold about 1/2 to 3/4 of a whole 12" pizza.
                    The only real problem I have is that it actually makes a lousy toaster. Takes forever to make toast or to toast bagels compared to an actual toaster.

I think "air fryer" is basically just fancy way to market a convection toaster oven. Most use hot light bulbs instead of heating elements to heat the basket and have a fan to circulate the air. Basically the same thing in my opinion. But smaller.
                    Last edited by Sparko; 01-21-2022, 09:54 AM.

Comment

So fold the pizza in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Mine will only hold about 1/2 to 3/4 of a whole 12" pizza.
                        The only real problem I have is that it actually makes a lousy toaster. Takes forever to make toast or to toast bagels compared to an actual toaster.

I think "air fryer" is basically just fancy way to market a convection toaster oven. Most use hot light bulbs instead of heating elements to heat the basket and have a fan to circulate the air. Basically the same thing in my opinion. But smaller.
                        Mine is the 8-slice version of yours. It is big enough that it doesn't even have the curved back that some have to accommodate a pizza, but is flat. A pizza doesn't touch the back or the door. I can put four hot dog buns, opened up, across the width of it (so actually the width of eight hot dog buns).

I have a cheap toaster but I almost never use it. I toast in the toaster oven because I'm normally making food for myself and my husband at the same time, and it saves me time to toast everything together instead of two at a time in the toaster.

When I was picking out my toaster oven, I was looking for something a little bigger than most because I didn't want to always have to use the big oven because something wouldn't fit in the little one.

Comment

I think you just invented calzone!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

Mine is the 8-slice version of yours. It is big enough that it doesn't even have the curved back that some have to accommodate a pizza, but is flat. A pizza doesn't touch the back or the door. I can put four hot dog buns, opened up, across the width of it (so actually the width of eight hot dog buns).

I have a cheap toaster but I almost never use it. I toast in the toaster oven because I'm normally making food for myself and my husband at the same time, and it saves me time to toast everything together instead of two at a time in the toaster.

When I was picking out my toaster oven, I was looking for something a little bigger than most because I didn't want to always have to use the big oven because something wouldn't fit in the little one.
                            Toaster vs..... yeah, you hit on something ---- rather than using a toaster to have toast, which ends up dry, I like to lightly butter the bread, then put it in the toaster oven on "broil", which toasts the bread but gives it a great finish.

Comment

I generally don't bother with frozen pizzas anyway. I like to make my own using those Boboli shells. Or make my own pizza dough. Then I use a pizza stone in my regular oven to cook it on.

Comment

We have a Ninja air fryer and so far I like it. Frozen fries come out OK, but a word of warning, don't trust the times in the book. They come out too crisp, so reduce the time. We've put frozen battered fish and fries in together, and they came out OK.

As far as storage is concerned, if you don't have space for it you don't, but it can be moved. We have it on part of the counter that isn't used for food preparation and move it to a temporary place for use. My SO doesn't find it too heavy to move easily, as she gets me to lift it.

Comment