God's Providence in every day life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God's Providence in every day life

We take much for granted, but if we look into the deep, we can see God's hand sometimes daily where He provides our needs. I have many experiences to share. To kick it off, One November, unseasonably warm, an F4 tornado headed our way. Ignorant of the fact, I prepared to ride my Whizzer motorbike through the countryside. I noticed the wet leaves as I left town but the road was too slippery. So I headed back a little while before the warning sirens went off.

A day or so later while helping the clean-up crews, it became clear I would have been in the same area where the tornado hit.

Another time my brakes failed as I tried to leave my dentist's parking lot. This meant one more push on the brake pedal while driving there could have been disastrous. Hitting a pedestrian, a passing train, plowing into heavy traffic.... So I thank God for delivering me safely to the parking lot where I called a tow truck.

I wrote a song while living in Northern Indiana. While working as a studio musician in London England years later, it became obvious I needed to do something more harmonious for my marriage and walk with Christ. I sold that song to my publisher who had a project with the same theme! And made enough for plane tickets for my wife and me to return to the States and focus on living the Sermon on the Mount which I shared in other places.

There's more, but these come to mind first. Please share your experiences.
    Last edited by Dave L; 01-08-2022, 04:10 AM.

I recently wrote a blog here about Providence.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Rhode Island?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Rhode Island?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

Do you have a link?
            https://theologyweb.com/campus/refle...nce-of-our-god

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's a great faith builder for us with similar needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's a great faith builder for us with similar needs.
                We all need reminders to recognize how the Lord works in our lives. Sometimes we don’t see His hand until later, but I’ve learned, as time goes by, to keep my eyes open.

Comment

This happened when I first made Jesus my career. A guy bounced a check off of me for a tidy sum. The bank called me in to press charges against him to have him arrested. But I had already forgiven him and declined. I had the bank write me a loan for the amount. I paid it off on minimum wage. But the banker became furious, pounding his desk and demanding that I press charges. A year or so later, the feds arrested the banker and sent him to federal prison. At least he knew I would have forgiven him too.

Comment

As a young believer following the Sermon on the Mount, the government tried to draft me into the Viet Nam war. This was clearly against Jesus' teaching. So I registered as a Conscientious Objector but faced 5 years in prison if I were to fail. Because of my churchless pre-conversion background, I gave up hope and resigned myself to going to prison. After a meeting with the Draft Board, about a month later, I received a 1-0 draft classification that meant I could perform civilian service instead of prison or military service. My wife and I performed social work instead. This was a stressful trial but the Lord had a firm hand on the situation.

Comment