X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Yes, she was excellent at that. She was a fiery little Sicilian woman. One of the best two teachers I ever had.
    I had a World History teacher like that who made history fun --- she'd come to school dressed as a French peasant, for example, and put on a phony French accent, and pretend we were flying to France... she'd go through "we need to get our airline tickets...." and talk about what airport we'd arrive in... what foods we'd eat (and sometimes bring samples)... yeah, I remember a LOT of "world history" from her class.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think a "good teacher" is one who inspires you to learn, not just makes you learn stuff.
    Yes, she was excellent at that. She was a fiery little Sicilian woman. One of the best two teachers I ever had.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Haven't you learned yet to NOT take things out of context?

I can see a between the lines cry for help like a liberal can hear a racist dog whistle.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Huh. I had a very good Chemistry teacher in high school. I took both Chem 1 and Chem 2. Six years later, I nearly tested out of having to take Chemistry in college, without having had any time to study up. I might have learned a little bit of additional material in college, but I broke the curve. Easiest technical class I took in college.
    I think a "good teacher" is one who inspires you to learn, not just makes you learn stuff.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I cannot even begin to tell you the sort of stuff I did in science class back in High Skewl. Much of it I can't even clean up enough to post here.

As I've told numerous people I learned more science in my first week of Chemistry in my freshmen year of college than I learned throughout all of 9th through 12th grade.
    Huh. I had a very good Chemistry teacher in high school. I took both Chem 1 and Chem 2. Six years later, I nearly tested out of having to take Chemistry in college, without having had any time to study up. I might have learned a little bit of additional material in college, but I broke the curve. Easiest technical class I took in college.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Haven't you learned yet to NOT take things out of context?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

mossy beat me

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

If using no cocoa, I'd normally use 4 cups of flour. Adding cocoa powder requires substituting 1/2 cup of flour, and adding black cocoa powder requires substituting half of the regular cocoa powder, meaning 1/4 cup.

Hope that clarifies.

[Edit to add: Just realized mossy beat me to this a few posts ago. ]
    I see the recipe needs to be updated to include the salted caramel chips we put in sometimes!

Leave a comment:

• The Melody Maker
    replied

The recipe is in the Recipe thread! Give it to Mrs. CP and you can confiscate all that she makes.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...5107#post35107

The cocoa can be partially replaced with black cocoa, I think he uses 1/4 c of that? He needs to clarify!

Thats what makes the cookies dark chocolate.
    If using no cocoa, I'd normally use 4 cups of flour. Adding cocoa powder requires substituting 1/2 cup of flour, and adding black cocoa powder requires substituting half of the regular cocoa powder, meaning 1/4 cup.

Hope that clarifies.

[Edit to add: Just realized mossy beat me to this a few posts ago. ]

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

Description lacking - send product!
    The product may suffer during shipping. Especially if the carrier smells the product through the packaging.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Just clarified with The Lad, and he does replace half the regular cacao with the black cocoa. It has something to do with the heavily alkalized properties of the cocoa during its processing, because it’s very acidic.

When we started using it I did some research. You can add a 50/50 ratio of black cocoa and regular cocoa in a recipe using baking soda, but you can’t use it straight in such a recipe.
    Not exactly the sort of research he had in mind. I'm pretty sure he means something more "hands on"

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Just clarified with The Lad, and he does replace half the regular cacao with the black cocoa. It has something to do with the heavily alkalized properties of the cocoa during its processing, because it’s very acidic.

When we started using it I did some research. You can add a 50/50 ratio of black cocoa and regular cocoa in a recipe using baking soda, but you can’t use it straight in such a recipe.
    Description lacking - send product!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

This may take massive amounts of research!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Multiple series of double-blind tests done in triplicate just for the preliminary groundwork

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

The recipe is in the Recipe thread! Give it to Mrs. CP and you can confiscate all that she makes.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...5107#post35107

The cocoa can be partially replaced with black cocoa, I think he uses 1/4 c of that? He needs to clarify!

Thats what makes the cookies dark chocolate.

Leave a comment: