"Shop" or "Home Ec" in School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I cannot even begin to tell you the sort of stuff I did in science class back in High Skewl. Much of it I can't even clean up enough to post here.

As I've told numerous people I learned more science in my first week of Chemistry in my freshmen year of college than I learned throughout all of 9th through 12th grade.
    Huh. I had a very good Chemistry teacher in high school. I took both Chem 1 and Chem 2. Six years later, I nearly tested out of having to take Chemistry in college, without having had any time to study up. I might have learned a little bit of additional material in college, but I broke the curve. Easiest technical class I took in college.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Huh. I had a very good Chemistry teacher in high school. I took both Chem 1 and Chem 2. Six years later, I nearly tested out of having to take Chemistry in college, without having had any time to study up. I might have learned a little bit of additional material in college, but I broke the curve. Easiest technical class I took in college.
      I think a "good teacher" is one who inspires you to learn, not just makes you learn stuff.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Haven't you learned yet to NOT take things out of context?

I can see a between the lines cry for help like a liberal can hear a racist dog whistle.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think a "good teacher" is one who inspires you to learn, not just makes you learn stuff.
          Yes, she was excellent at that. She was a fiery little Sicilian woman. One of the best two teachers I ever had.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Yes, she was excellent at that. She was a fiery little Sicilian woman. One of the best two teachers I ever had.
            I had a World History teacher like that who made history fun --- she'd come to school dressed as a French peasant, for example, and put on a phony French accent, and pretend we were flying to France... she'd go through "we need to get our airline tickets...." and talk about what airport we'd arrive in... what foods we'd eat (and sometimes bring samples)... yeah, I remember a LOT of "world history" from her class.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment