Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Shop" or "Home Ec" in School?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post



    I don't think you've made apple pie since. But you do make a mean dark chocolate chocolate chip pecan toffee cookie!
    That sounds sufficiently decadent as to require confiscation and storing in my office for safe-keeping!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

      I was unexpectedly good at "spatial relations" (those "shapes" things as in your drawing) and "mechanical reasoning" (If this rod moves this direction, which way does that gear way over there turn?). I was in the 90-something percentile in each of those in my "Differential Aptitude Test" in Eighth Grade.
      Yeah, I once applied for a job with Xerox where they had a whole booklet of those "this gear turns counterclockwise" (and about 10 connections later) "which direction does this gear turn?"

      I loved those, and flew through that in just minutes. I aced the test and came out at the top of the pack, but I didn't have enough pigmentation in my skin, and was told so just that way.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

        That sounds sufficiently decadent as to require confiscation and storing in my office for safe-keeping!
        The recipe is in the Recipe thread! Give it to Mrs. CP and you can confiscate all that she makes.

        https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...5107#post35107

        The cocoa can be partially replaced with black cocoa, I think he uses 1/4 c of that? He needs to clarify!

        Thats what makes the cookies dark chocolate.
        Last edited by mossrose; 12-03-2021, 08:39 AM.


        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

        Comment


        • #34
          I am pretty sure rogue06 took Mad Science and Portal Economics in high school.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I am pretty sure rogue06 took Mad Science and Portal Economics in high school.
            I cannot even begin to tell you the sort of stuff I did in science class back in High Skewl. Much of it I can't even clean up enough to post here.

            As I've told numerous people I learned more science in my first week of Chemistry in my freshmen year of college than I learned throughout all of 9th through 12th grade.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by mossrose View Post

              The recipe is in the Recipe thread! Give it to Mrs. CP and you can confiscate all that she makes.

              https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...5107#post35107

              The cocoa can be partially replaced with black cocoa, I think he uses 1/4 c of that? He needs to clarify!

              Thats what makes the cookies dark chocolate.
              This may take massive amounts of research!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                This may take massive amounts of research!
                Multiple series of double-blind tests done in triplicate just for the preliminary groundwork

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                  This may take massive amounts of research!
                  Just clarified with The Lad, and he does replace half the regular cacao with the black cocoa. It has something to do with the heavily alkalized properties of the cocoa during its processing, because it’s very acidic.

                  When we started using it I did some research. You can add a 50/50 ratio of black cocoa and regular cocoa in a recipe using baking soda, but you can’t use it straight in such a recipe.


                  Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

                    Just clarified with The Lad, and he does replace half the regular cacao with the black cocoa. It has something to do with the heavily alkalized properties of the cocoa during its processing, because it’s very acidic.

                    When we started using it I did some research. You can add a 50/50 ratio of black cocoa and regular cocoa in a recipe using baking soda, but you can’t use it straight in such a recipe.
                    Description lacking - send product!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by mossrose View Post

                      Just clarified with The Lad, and he does replace half the regular cacao with the black cocoa. It has something to do with the heavily alkalized properties of the cocoa during its processing, because it’s very acidic.

                      When we started using it I did some research. You can add a 50/50 ratio of black cocoa and regular cocoa in a recipe using baking soda, but you can’t use it straight in such a recipe.
                      Not exactly the sort of research he had in mind. I'm pretty sure he means something more "hands on"

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                        Description lacking - send product!
                        The product may suffer during shipping. Especially if the carrier smells the product through the packaging.


                        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by mossrose View Post

                          The recipe is in the Recipe thread! Give it to Mrs. CP and you can confiscate all that she makes.

                          https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...5107#post35107

                          The cocoa can be partially replaced with black cocoa, I think he uses 1/4 c of that? He needs to clarify!

                          Thats what makes the cookies dark chocolate.
                          If using no cocoa, I'd normally use 4 cups of flour. Adding cocoa powder requires substituting 1/2 cup of flour, and adding black cocoa powder requires substituting half of the regular cocoa powder, meaning 1/4 cup.

                          Hope that clarifies.

                          [Edit to add: Just realized mossy beat me to this a few posts ago. ]
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

                          "[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

                          Fight_spam!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

                            If using no cocoa, I'd normally use 4 cups of flour. Adding cocoa powder requires substituting 1/2 cup of flour, and adding black cocoa powder requires substituting half of the regular cocoa powder, meaning 1/4 cup.

                            Hope that clarifies.

                            [Edit to add: Just realized mossy beat me to this a few posts ago. ]
                            I see the recipe needs to be updated to include the salted caramel chips we put in sometimes!


                            Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

                              mossy beat me



                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

                                Haven't you learned yet to NOT take things out of context?



                                Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rogue06, 12-24-2021, 08:52 AM
                                61 responses
                                216 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Cerebrum123, 06-18-2021, 11:08 AM
                                109 responses
                                494 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Cerebrum123  
                                Started by mossrose, 02-25-2019, 08:19 PM
                                6 responses
                                1,498 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Crash Test Dummy  
                                Started by The Melody Maker, 04-06-2017, 09:23 PM
                                388 responses
                                59,039 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by seer, 10-26-2016, 08:35 AM
                                10,246 responses
                                368,430 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Working...
                                X