Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time of year again. Show us your Christmas tree!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Our village. MelMak's bailiwick, always so well done.

village 2021 a.jpgvillage 2021 2a.jpgvillage 2021 3a.jpg
    Did you make those two that kind of look knitted over on the right?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Did you make those two that kind of look knitted over on the right?
      I did. They are needlepoint on plastic canvas. I bought kits and did them years and years and years ago, and that was what we used for our village. There was also a yarn shop and a toy shop, a church, and, I think, a schoolhouse. They all have a windup music box inside them.

They are still in a bag in the basement, but when I discovered the porcelain church, I decided that we needed a porcelain village instead. So every year for a number of years we picked up a new piece. We still use the chalet and the RR depot, because the one porcelain house wasn't enough, I thought, and I haven't seen any new ones that are the same scale as the others. And I never saw a depot, either.

We used books to build up 2 tiers on the table, so we actually have 3 tiers, and I got that white sort of quilt batt fabric with glitter in it to cover the table.

Some of the little figurines are plastic, but some are sort of ceramic that I bought in kits that I had to paint. They turned out ok, and all are pretty well in scale. Except for Snoopy's skating rink and the Clock Tower by the depot. The tower came to us from BW's daddy many years ago when he went to England for business.

The skating rink belongs in MelMak's Peanuts collection, is a music box that spins slowly around, and it sits out in our living room all year.

Any other questions?

Edit to add: I think the "Tardis" came back from England when Mr. mossy and I were over there in '84. Also belong to MelMak.
      Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:18 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Any other questions?
        What songs do they play?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What songs do they play?
          I don't remember. I'll have to go and play them so I can tell you later. If I remember.

I think the church played Silent Night.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

What songs do they play?
            The chalet plays "Edelweiss" and the depot plays "Love Makes the World Go Round".

Comment

Perfect Christmas Tree for 2021
              tree.jpg

Comment

I got mine out of the attic on Sunday afternoon.

I don't want to rush things.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ours is going up sometime this week.

Maybe.

Comment

Working on the outside decorations last evening. Got a few more coming today, so I should have everything up on the outside by Saturday when my son gets home.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I just remembered we have new bubble lights to use this year!

Our old set is just about as old as our marriage, and we can’t find replacement bulbs anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Working on the outside decorations last evening. Got a few more coming today, so I should have everything up on the outside by Saturday when my son gets home.
                        You should decorate the house across the street so you can see your lights from your living room!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My immediate next door neighbor's car is decorated to look like a Christmas tree.

Comment

Ta-da!

IMG_0168a.jpg

Comment

You shoveled all the snow off to the side, didn't ya?

Comment

You shoveled all the snow off to the side, didn't ya?
                                Thanks! All I did was drape the pearls. MelMak and Mr. mossy did the rest.

Not much snow. But horrible, horrible freezing rain. It was -20C yesterday morning and 0C today. And it's been raining during the night and this morning. Very slippery. Thankfully we three are safe in the house today.

Comment