X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those horrible, vile police!

How dare they!

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/po...s-thanksgiving

In honor of Thanksgiving 2021, law enforcement has been surprising drivers with frozen turkeys instead of tickets.
    The holiday cheer was recently spread by the Mesa Police Department in Mesa, Arizona, by gifting birds to people who thought they were being pulled over for a violation, Fox 10 Pheonix reported.
    "When you made your turn, you made a wide turn. You're supposed to stay in your lane," Officer Jason Flam of the Mesa Police Department told a motorist.
    Instead of returning from his police cruiser with a ticket, Flam offered a turkey.
    Flam told Fox 10 that some stops were emotional, bringing one man to tears.
    "…I don't think they can afford the turkey, so it worked out really good," said Flam.

One driver thanked Flam for the gesture, but said she already bought a Thanksgiving turkey and requested he "pass it on."
    Another person was about to pick up a turkey when Flam pulled him over.
    "In fact, I was on my way to Costco to pick up some fixings, so this saved me a few bucks," said Mike Ormerod.
    Mesa police is one of many U.S. police departments which gives "turkeys not tickets." In 2016, the Fort Worth Police Department also gave turkeys to unsuspected drivers ahead of Thanksgiving.

The Turkeys not Tickets program was proposed by a Mesa police commander in order to connect with the community, according to Fox 10.
    "I think it's a great idea. I was telling the officer, in the past few years, police officers in general have gotten a bad rap, and I think it's important they get recognized for putting it out there every day," Ormerod told the station.
    Fox News reached out to Mesa police for comment.
    Fox News' Ann Schmidt contributed to this report.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

There have been a number of these programs all across the country, but they don't get picked up nearly as well as "white cop shoots black guy".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Big difference from those Alberta police.
      When I Survey....

Comment

Speaking of turkeys, did Biden pardon any yet? I heard Obama pardoned more then 1,900 turkeys in his eight years as president.
        When I Survey....

Comment

It's a ridiculous concept to pardon a turkey. I don't think the turkey did anything wrong in the first place, and it likely doesn't know it's either guilty or innocent, and certainly doesn't care if it's pardoned.

Unless, of course, you are referring to the human turkey variety.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment