How am I driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How am I driving?

I was curious, has anyone here ever actually called one of those "how am I driving" numbers on the back of those trucks? I always thought it would be difficult to actually get the number down, especially if the driver was moving at a high speed.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Some of them are clear enough to remember, but I've only called one number one time.

The lady took my info, and told me they'd follow up. I shrugged it off as "yeah, that note when in the trash".

Two days later, I got a call from their regional headquarters very politely asking for more details - anything I could remember, how long I had been following....

It was actually a very cordial conversation, then the guy said, "ok, you sound like you might be old enough to have adult children..."

I said, "yeah......" and he explained that driver was his own son, and "I've given him every chance I can give him, and it's just not working out....."

Don't know if he fired the kid or not, but I knew he meant business.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment