No announcement yet.

Aptronyms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Moneymaker won the World Series of Poker one year.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Anthony Weiner - politician who ... um.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I remember a Cardinal who was in the news a years ago whose name was Sin.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

This one is fantastic.
          She was destined to be a litigation lawyer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            She was destined to be a litigation lawyer.
            And for someone who overcame their destiny...

original-2385-1401461692-12.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If she used one she would have foreseen her loss...

original-32536-1401461116-13.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Anthony Weiner - politician who ... um.
                did something appropriately inappropriate given his name.

Comment

That Lawless post reminded me. How could I not have thought of Philadelphia Police Commissioner, Danielle Outlaw?

danielle-outlaw-philadelphia-police-plasma-2019_1577803907.jpg
                  Last edited by Faber; 10-18-2021, 08:28 AM.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

On November 14, 2004, Kevin Malarkey was driving with his son Alex when he collided with another car. Alex's skull was completely detached from his spinal chord. Alex was in a coma for two months and awakened, telling family and friends about meeting God, Jesus, angels and Satan in heaven while he was in the coma. Alex's father wrote his account in a book, published by Tyndale House in 2010, entitled The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven. It sold more than a million copies. But in 2015 Alex admitted that his father Kevin had made it all up.

malarkey.jpg
                    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                      On November 14, 2004, Kevin Malarkey was driving with his son Alex when he collided with another car. Alex's skull was completely detached from his spinal chord. Alex was in a coma for two months and awakened, telling family and friends about meeting God, Jesus, angels and Satan in heaven while he was in the coma. Alex's father wrote his account in a book, published by Tyndale House in 2010, entitled The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven. It sold more than a million copies. But in 2015 Alex admitted that his father Kevin had made it all up.

malarkey.jpg
                      Alex repented later and said it was a hoax.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Was looking up some bird info just now and came across this.

David M. Bird is Emeritus Professor of Wildlife Biology and the former Director of the Avian Science and Conservation Centre at McGill University. As a past-president of the Society of Canadian Ornithologists, a former board member with Birds Canada, a Fellow of both the American Ornithological Society and the International Ornithological Union, he has received several awards for his conservation and public education efforts.

Dr. Bird is a regular columnist on birds for Bird Watcher’s Digest and Canadian Wildlife magazines and is the author of several books and over 200 peer-reviewed scientific publications. He is the consultant editor for multiple editions of DK Canada’s Birds of Canada, Birds of Eastern Canada, Birds of Western Canada, and Pocket Birds of Canada. To know more

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Then there are the funny wedding announcements, which I guess is a category unto its own

Most I run across tend to be more than just a bit suggestive, although here are a few that aren't

Comment