No announcement yet.

Aptronyms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prosperity preacher named Creflo Dollar.

Decades ago in southern New Jersey there used to be a Lively Funeral Home in Bridgeton, and a real estate firm called Isolda Real Estate.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      I served with a Sergeant Tim Sergeant.
      Which naturally brings up the character in the book Catch 22, namely Major Major Major Major.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Remember the name of the woman from the mid 90s who cut off her husband's privates when he came home drunk and passed out? Then left and threw it out the window of her car as she drove off.

Lorena Bobbitt

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Remember the name of the woman from the mid 90s who cut off her husband's privates when he came home drunk and passed out? Then left and threw it out the window of her car as she drove off.

Lorena Bobbitt
          Lorena Bobbitt. I remember about a year later, I saw a Snap-On tools truck with a sticker that said "No, this is not John Bobitt's truck".
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I often use the expression "that guy acts like he was baptized in pickle juice".

One such man showed up at church, was actually a pleasant fellow, but had that sour dour look.

Yup - his name was Pickle.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As a police officer in training, many departments require that you attend an autopsy.

My very first autopsy ever was on a Jane Doe.

Yeah, that was her real name - Jane Marie Doe.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Usain Bolt. Multi Olympic Gold Medal winning runner from Jamaica.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Lorena Bobbitt
                  Back in the days when I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh, he referred to her husband's infamous surgical operation as the Bobbitt Weave.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

When I went to university, there was a girl studying medicine called Sarah Grief.
                    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

I knew a family whose kids' dentist was named Dr. Chu.
                      At a local hospital there was a doctor named Paine.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
                        When I went to university, there was a girl studying medicine called Sarah Grief.
                        In my 10th grade homeroom I sat between to guys who had the same first name but with rather unfortunate last names... Crapps and Fagg.

Comment

Comment

I forgot about this one. A gem I dug up while doing history on my local church. The second one is just another one I found while trying to find where I got the first one. Both from the Camden (NJ) Courier-Post.
                            e sharp.jpg
                            clip_87204891.jpg
                            And for the two I mentioned previously, here are some more clippings:
                            isolda.jpg image_54931.jpg
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Faber; 10-16-2021, 02:08 PM.
                            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                              I forgot about this one. A gem I dug up while doing history on my local church. The second one is just another one I found while trying to find where I got the first one. Both from the Camden (NJ) Courier-Post.
                              e sharp.jpg
                              clip_87204891.jpg
                              And for the two I mentioned previously, here are some more clippings:
                              isolda.jpg image_54931.jpg
                              I think it was Jay Leno on the Tonight Show that used to show various engagement announcements that featured interesting name combos.

Comment

This one is fantastic.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment