Do you have a Land Line home phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I had far better "toys" available. Master Po runs the NSA. And I got paid whereas Jethro lived off a trust fund or the equivalent.
    Whatever, Jethro.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      Landlines are useful for people who have a home business and need to fax, or need decent audio quality (cell phone quality stinks). My company has been considering moving my office to my home, and I will demand they supply a landline if that happens.

I chucked my personal landline about 12 or 13 years ago.
      I use my MagicJack for a land line fax machine. Works just fine. Like $30 a year or something.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Whatever, Jethro.
        tumblr_9962386ebb090ec21080b71493bcdd39_aff0294b_500.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

5776cddbfd82a92f266f8b38e2357671--max-baer-jr-beverly-hillbillies.jpg

Comment

You responding obviously.

Btw, some of the stuff we did is not a laughing matter.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For as long as I've been out of my parents' house, I have never had a landline. My parents got rid of their home landline when we all noticed that telemarketers and scammers were the only calls that number ever got. I and most of my siblings had cell phones by then. I don't remember exactly when that was, but it was at least 15 years ago.

More recently, my parents got a landline because it was cheaper to bundle a landline with cable and internet rather than getting cable and internet without the phone. They never hooked up a phone or even found out what their number was. I think they've switched plans several times since then though.

I still have (but have never used) the rotary dial phone my parents used in the house they lived in when I was born. We had another rotary dial phone in the garage that was in use up until the time they had the landline disconnected, but we only ever used that phone if we were outside and needed to answer the phone (we had a standalone caller ID unit next to it, remember those?).
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                For as long as I've been out of my parents' house, I have never had a landline. My parents got rid of their home landline when we all noticed that telemarketers and scammers were the only calls that number ever got. I and most of my siblings had cell phones by then. I don't remember exactly when that was, but it was at least 15 years ago.

More recently, my parents got a landline because it was cheaper to bundle a landline with cable and internet rather than getting cable and internet without the phone. They never hooked up a phone or even found out what their number was. I think they've switched plans several times since then though.

I still have (but have never used) the rotary dial phone my parents used in the house they lived in when I was born. We had another rotary dial phone in the garage that was in use up until the time they had the landline disconnected, but we only ever used that phone if we were outside and needed to answer the phone (we had a standalone caller ID unit next to it, remember those?).
                Hooked up, along with an answering machine, to one of the phones that stopped working ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I'm seeing more and more people who either don't have a land line home phone, or it's a MagicJack type VOIP thing.

Do you still have a land line home phone?
                  land line and no cell phone - don't want people calling me...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

land line and no cell phone - don't want people calling me...
                    I use my cell phone mostly as a handheld computer. As a phone I hardly use it. I usually won't answer it unless I know who is calling. I just let it go to voicemail. That way if it is something important I can call them back, and if not, just block the number.

I would rather have the option of being able to make outgoing calls from wherever I am. Never know if you are out stuck somewhere and need a tow or whatever. Can't use your land line if you are not at home.

Comment

I use my cell phone mostly as a handheld computer. As a phone I hardly use it. I usually won't answer it unless I know who is calling. I just let it go to voicemail. That way if it is something important I can call them back, and if not, just block the number.

I would rather have the option of being able to make outgoing calls from wherever I am. Never know if you are out stuck somewhere and need a tow or whatever. Can't use your land line if you are not at home.
                      Ditto all that. Except I have a paid subscription for Hiya, so my phone doesn't even ring if it's a scam or spam caller. I occasional get one of them leaving me a voicemail, and it's usually either silence, or someone telling me my "federal student loan" is eligible for blah blah blah...

And since I still can't drive myself, when I get out of work early (which happens several times per week) I need to call my ride to come get me early. I don't have a work phone.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

It's funny - my wife will be texting with our kids or grandkids, back and forth, and I'll finally say, "you know that thing is a phone, yes?"

Then she'll make the call.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's funny - my wife will be texting with our kids or grandkids, back and forth, and I'll finally say, "you know that thing is a phone, yes?"

Then she'll make the call.
                          For many if not most folks the reason they text is so they don't have to talk

Comment

Nope I have a smartphone.

Comment