Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a Land Line home phone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you have a Land Line home phone?

    I'm seeing more and more people who either don't have a land line home phone, or it's a MagicJack type VOIP thing.

    Do you still have a land line home phone?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm seeing more and more people who either don't have a land line home phone, or it's a MagicJack type VOIP thing.

    Do you still have a land line home phone?
    By the way - we stopped using a land line home phone back in ... 2001.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yup. And I stopped using a cell phone in the 80s

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yup. And I stopped using a cell phone in the 80s
        Interesting - no cell phone at all?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

          Interesting - no cell phone at all?
          See post #3

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            See post #3
            Stopped using doesn't mean you don't have.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

              Stopped using doesn't mean you don't have.
              The one my brother gave my mother (a flip phone) "might" be somewhere amongst some of her things I have boxed up. But I haven't had a phone (the days of "the brick") since then.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                We disconnected out land line about 4 years ago. Only use AT&T for internet now. May change that if I ever get a better option. No fiber in our area yet and cable internet is still pricey here.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

                "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

                Comment


                • #9
                  When I moved into my current house in 2008 I just decided not to bother getting a land line since I already had a cell phone and I live alone. I can seen having a land line if you have a family. Maybe. But nowadays even the kids have their own cell phones.

                  I had VOIP phone service as part of my cable TV/internet package at one time but I never hooked up a phone to it. But now I don't even have that. I just have the internet service and use streaming services for my "tv"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    When I moved into my current house in 2008 I just decided not to bother getting a land line since I already had a cell phone and I live alone. I can seen having a land line if you have a family. Maybe. But nowadays even the kids have their own cell phones.

                    I had VOIP phone service as part of my cable TV/internet package at one time but I never hooked up a phone to it. But now I don't even have that. I just have the internet service and use streaming services for my "tv"
                    yup
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes.

                      Cell phones are for emergencies and phoning my sister, because I have unlimited calling in NA on my cell and it's long distance with my land line. But that's all I use it for.

                      I don't have a data plan on my cell.


                      Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I'm seeing more and more people who either don't have a land line home phone, or it's a MagicJack type VOIP thing.

                        Do you still have a land line home phone?
                        I got rid of my land line several years ago. The only reason I kept it that long was because calling 911 was supposed to be more automatic with a land line. But I discovered my provider has a feature that sends your address to the 911 service automatically.

                        Found out (the hard way) that that feature doesn't necessarily work. If I call 911, I have to immediately tell them what city I'm in so they can connect me to the right emergency services. That's annoying, but not really a good enough reason for me to add the land line back.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                          I got rid of my land line several years ago. The only reason I kept it that long was because calling 911 was supposed to be more automatic with a land line. But I discovered my provider has a feature that sends your address to the 911 service automatically.

                          Found out (the hard way) that that feature doesn't necessarily work. If I call 911, I have to immediately tell them what city I'm in so they can connect me to the right emergency services. That's annoying, but not really a good enough reason for me to add the land line back.
                          Yeah, the 911 option needs to be considered.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My *only* phone is a land-line.

                            But I did replace the last rotary-dial unit several years ago.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                            Beige Nationalist.

                            "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                            Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              My *only* phone is a land-line.

                              But I did replace the last rotary-dial unit several years ago.
                              Did you sell it on eBay?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seanD, 10-15-2021, 05:52 PM
                              7 responses
                              75 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Zymologist, 10-15-2021, 12:39 PM
                              37 responses
                              169 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Faber
                              by Faber
                               
                              Started by Bill the Cat, 10-14-2021, 10:26 AM
                              10 responses
                              47 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rstrats
                              by rstrats
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 10-13-2021, 11:37 AM
                              46 responses
                              209 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by eider, 10-10-2021, 01:46 AM
                              42 responses
                              161 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post eider
                              by eider
                               
                              Working...
                              X