X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I suppose it's possible.

But below is the more common result of continued alcohol abuse going into twilight years. And this guy had a liver transplant.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...=108060&page=1

John Phillips, the founder and main songwriter for classic California pop group the Mamas and the Papas, died of heart failure on Sunday morning, his spokeswoman said. He was 65.

Phillips, who received a liver transplant several years ago after years of drug and alcohol abuse, died at UCLA Medical Center at 8:15 a.m. PST, surrounded by family and friends, spokeswoman Elizabeth Freund said.
    Indeed. Alcoholism is not exactly a path to a long life, but there will be the occasional exception.

I'm trying to remember the name of the Senator who was widely respected for his brilliant mind, but that the tactic one used when debating him was to wait until after lunch to do so. At that point he was typically highly inebriated and not his best. IIRC, he lived to 80 or so.

ETA: Daniel Patrick Moynihan (but he was in his 70s when he died).

I wonder if something like this could be in play:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Another one that I meant to add was discovered by researchers examining Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne's (the "godfather of heavy metal") genome. Osbourne is well known for living a lifestyle that could well be fatal for anyone else trying to replicate it -- even for a few months. For decades he consumed cocaine for breakfast and drank 4 bottles of cognac each day. During the time he starred on a reality TV show he was consuming up to 25 Vicodin pills every day.

What they found was a previously unknown mutation near his ADH4 gene, a gene that manufactures a protein called alcohol dehydrogenase-4, which breaks down alcohol. The mutation dramatically increased the amount of the protein allowing "Ozzy" to detoxify alcohol at a much faster rate than normal and probably helps break down other toxins as well.
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-30-2022, 07:47 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• payingtaxes.jpg
      Why do you think that the government pushes direct deposit? So you can't just look
      down and see what you made and how much of it is taken away in taxes. Have your
      kids get a check they have to deposit themselves when they get their first job. Let them
      see for themselves how much of their labor is confiscated by the government.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• transparency.jpg

Comment

• transparency2.jpg

Comment

• 301376361_8699511240062693_108246100945432387_n.jpg

Comment

• CNN.jpg

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• L.G.B..jpg

Comment

• L6B.jpg
                    $500,000 and a year and a half to construct a $20,000 wall that should take 3 weeks to build

Comment

• L-G-B.jpg
                      You couldn't fit all his crap into a single can

Comment

• LGB.jpg

Comment

• c294bcf9-0dcb-4d1c-bd92-48a673e34d41.jpg
                          B-but, but, old Joe still maintains it was, in his own words, an "Outstanding Success"

Comment

• 303511198_2723293164470202_7334453333769100187_n.jpg

Comment

• Netflix.jpg
                              And people ask why I don't have Netflix

Comment

• abortion.jpg

Comment