Learning Japanese on Duolingo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Duolingo really blew it with their latest update - they should have backed it off and reverted to the previous version.
    You having the issue where the symbols change after you click on them too? I sent in a bug report, and told them I tried all of their troubleshooting techniques, but it still is all wonky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

You having the issue where the symbols change after you click on them too? I sent in a bug report, and told them I tried all of their troubleshooting techniques, but it still is all wonky.
      Playing guess where the word is hidden got tiresome - I've switched to direct input a bit earlier than I intended - was planning to do it when I had all lessons complete to fifth level. (still have almost all of level six and a few level sevens to do.)
      1Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω
      Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      "It is not divine truth that makes the man seem more innocent in what is equally sinful, but human wrong-headedness." AUGUSTINE: re adultery

"The synoptic gospels claim that Jesus was crucified on the 15th day of Nisan and buried on the 14th day of Nisan:" Majority Consensus

Comment

Playing guess where the word is hidden got tiresome - I've switched to direct input a bit earlier than I intended - was planning to do it when I had all lessons complete to fifth level. (still have almost all of level six and a few level sevens to do.)
        Yeah, I've been doing a lot less because where I'm at the sentence construction is more complicated, and I'm still not very good with direct input.

Send in a bug report if you haven't already, the more of us that report the issue, the more likely they are to fix it.

Comment

Yeah, I've been doing a lot less because where I'm at the sentence construction is more complicated, and I'm still not very good with direct input.

Send in a bug report if you haven't already, the more of us that report the issue, the more likely they are to fix it.
          I did that the day of the update, and a couple since. Closing down the discussion section wasn't a good move on their part either.
          1Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω
          Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          "It is not divine truth that makes the man seem more innocent in what is equally sinful, but human wrong-headedness." AUGUSTINE: re adultery

"The synoptic gospels claim that Jesus was crucified on the 15th day of Nisan and buried on the 14th day of Nisan:" Majority Consensus

Comment

I did that the day of the update, and a couple since. Closing down the discussion section wasn't a good move on their part either.
            I did not know they did that, that's almost as bad as Blizzard and their damage control regarding Overwatch.

Comment

• Gotta love some of the sentences in the exercises: this one was good for a chuckle

助けて、馬が神聖なジャガイモを食べてる!

Comment

• And they seem to have finally got the idea that reverting to the pre-update format might be worth doing.

Comment

And they seem to have finally got the idea that reverting to the pre-update format might be worth doing.
                  And now they broke it again.

Comment

And now they broke it again.
                    I kind of noticed that. It appears to be that they're fixing it in stages. Some lessons are OK; others aren't, with the lessons a mix of corrected and flawed.

9 days short of a year. 9x3 units to complete the course (to level 5); I'm already two months behind target to complete, and it's going to be line ball whether I will finish within the year.

Comment

• Made with a day and a bit to spare. Muddling a bit with modern Greek while I make up my mind which language to do next. I was considering Hebrew or Korean, but not sure that I want to add yet another alphabet to the mix. Portuguese maybe. Meanwhile, working on consolidation in level 5 Japanese.

Comment