Edit. I'm over 300 days on Duolingo.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Congratulations. (Not sure how I missed this when you posted it.)

An interesting show (it comes subbed) that I make sure to watch periodically 「日本人の知らない日本語」Episode 1
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out later.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I got my Duolingo Yearly review information. I had no idea I was in the top 1% of people learning Japanese. I was also in the Diamond League for 112 days. I'm not there anymore, but I got there and stayed a while.

year-in-review-0.png
    Congratulations. (Not sure how I missed this when you posted it.)

An interesting show (it comes subbed) that I make sure to watch periodically 「日本人の知らない日本語」Episode 1

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    I got my Duolingo Yearly review information. I had no idea I was in the top 1% of people learning Japanese. I was also in the Diamond League for 112 days. I'm not there anymore, but I got there and stayed a while.

year-in-review-0.png

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    いち早く - promptly
    お届け - delivery
    したい - want to make/do
    お届けしたい - (I/we) want to make delivery

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    A translation exercise to try out.

昨日のニュースをいち早くお届けしたい
    I need to do more study because all I'm getting is "yesterday's news..." out of that one.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    A translation exercise to try out.

昨日のニュースをいち早くお届けしたい

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He's a really smart kid, and since he works at Chick-Fil-A for his senior year of High School, the first thing he learned to say in all languages was "my pleasure".
    Assuming he doesn't know it already, he could add "yorokonde" (all the "o"s sound as in "hot," the "e" as in bed.)

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

In Europe, one more and he would qualify to be a waiter.

Impressive effort - wish him well in his endeavours.
    He's a really smart kid, and since he works at Chick-Fil-A for his senior year of High School, the first thing he learned to say in all languages was "my pleasure".

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Never heard of Duolingo before, but my Grandson, age 17, is on his FIFTH foreign language!!!
    In Europe, one more and he would qualify to be a waiter.

Impressive effort - wish him well in his endeavours.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Never heard of Duolingo before, but my Grandson, age 17, is on his FIFTH foreign language!!!

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    私は二百日日本語を勉強しました。

I hope I got that right. I had to use a little help from Google Translate because I can't figure out how to get the を symbol to work with my keyboard on Windows 10. Oh, and technically I got over two hundred days, but only by one. The translator also suggested I use 200日 for "200 days", but I wanted to use the Japanese words for two hundred instead of the easier option.
    200 is fine - the Arabic numerals are pretty much stock standard in current Japanese.
    Fitting numbers into a sentence is not a skill that I have mastered yet. Don't quote me, but I think your sentence should read as
    200日連続で日本語を勉強しています (Starting with 私は is grammatically correct, but not natural) = "I have been studying Japanese for 200 consecutive days." (I'm fairly sure that "consecutive" is required, alternatively 間 ["duration" so to speak] 二百日間.
    Keystrokes for を are WO
    Last edited by tabibito; 11-27-2021, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    私は二百日日本語を勉強しました。

I hope I got that right. I had to use a little help from Google Translate because I can't figure out how to get the を symbol to work with my keyboard on Windows 10. Oh, and technically I got over two hundred days, but only by one. The translator also suggested I use 200日 for "200 days", but I wanted to use the Japanese words for two hundred instead of the easier option.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied

Weird, it must be way down the list that they rearranged things because most of it looks the same to me. I do like the new option for completing a lesson to "legendary" and the change it makes to the lesson icon is nice for me since I like the color it changes to.
    Yes - the addition of "legendary" was appreciated (and I agree about the colours). Upside to yesterday's changes - I have golds in a segment where I didn't have them before.

Leave a comment: