Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime

Now that one-or-two-day delivery has withered to four-or-five-day delivery, what is the point of paying for Amazon Prime?
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Yeah what's up with that anyway? I thought it was because of COVID, that the delivery services were all backed up, but surely that's resolved by now?

I live a mile from an Amazon warehouse and it still takes several days to get something.
    Last edited by Sparko; 06-14-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Yeah what's up with that anyway? I thought it was because of COVID, that the delivery services were all backed up, but surely that's resolved by now?

I live a mile from an Amazon warehouse and it still takes several days to get something.
      Every warehouse does not stock every item. It could be that the item you want must be sent from another warehouse.
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Now that one-or-two-day delivery has withered to four-or-five-day delivery, what is the point of paying for Amazon Prime?
        There are some weird perks. My wife and daughter order stuff from Amazon (I hardly ever), but I do watch a lot of TV that is free because of Prime. And I believe they get some discounts on shipping too.

Comment

Most of the stuff I order arrives in one or two days. Shipments are occasionally delayed, though, which can be very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Most of the stuff I order arrives in one or two days. Shipments are occasionally delayed, though, which can be very annoying.
            I've been a Prime member for a few years. For a while, it was free 2-day shipping. Then they got their efficiency to the point that it was often free 1-day shipping. As soon as we became the United States of Pandemica, speedy shipping went totally in the crapper. I haven't gotten a shipment in less than 4 days in over a year.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

There are some weird perks. My wife and daughter order stuff from Amazon (I hardly ever), but I do watch a lot of TV that is free because of Prime. And I believe they get some discounts on shipping too.
              That streaming stuff is totally irrelevant to me.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

Every warehouse does not stock every item. It could be that the item you want must be sent from another warehouse.
                That would have always been the case and yet they promised one to two-day delivery.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've been a Prime member for a few years. For a while, it was free 2-day shipping. Then they got their efficiency to the point that it was often free 1-day shipping. As soon as we became the United States of Pandemica, speedy shipping went totally in the crapper. I haven't gotten a shipment in less than 4 days in over a year.
                  At first their excuse was that Fed-Ex and UPS were backed up because of COVID and having to prioritize medical supplies and essentials. But now Amazon mostly uses their OWN shipping service with their own drivers, and they still can't get the deliveries done on time. Although my last shipment was better.

I ordered some coffee pods on Saturday and I got them yesterday (Wednesday) so only 4 days.

Comment

primeember.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've experienced a bit of shipping problems during COVID, and found that I can forget about two day shipment during the holidays. That's about it.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I can't tell you why, but it appears that things are different in California.

Comment