Whats in a username.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats in a username.

What are the origens tp our usernames. What do they say about us? I am kinda curious
    sigpic

You know mine.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yep. I do know mossy and why she has hers.
      sigpic

Comment

It's a chess opening. It's very aggressive and risky, so it doesn't really match my personality at all.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          Yep. I do know mossy and why she has hers.
          If I ever explained mine I'd get in trouble -- or more trouble than usual (see sig line). So I don't.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jedidiah is just who I am, beloved of God. I started out about a million years ago (not long after the forum started) as beeman. That just reflected my interest in bees and my hobby.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Mine stems way back to the days of IRC and the #ChristianTeenTalk and #WWJD channels (so mid to late 90's). There was another member with the same first name as me, and both of us used first name and initial to identify ourselves, this caused confusion to some of the other denizens, so I picked my favourite Arch-Angel, Raphael from the book of Tobit.
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I like to write music, and I made a game about a girl named Melody. (But it wasn't until after I came up with my user name that I discovered Ephesians 5:19 to go with it into my signature.)
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

My adopted pseudonym based inclusive of one of the most interesting eras of Russian history and an inspiration from of my favorite classic stories retold in multiple movies, two of which I really enjoyed.
                  Last edited by Ana Dragule; 10-02-2016, 11:42 PM.
                  I am become death...

Comment

I'm a fan of sci-fi, fantasy, superheroes, comic books, and decent quality cartoons. In various other venues over the years, in addition to variations on my own real name, I used such monickers as Clive Arno, J'onn J'onzz, and X777 (an oblique, Christianized reference to "Experiment 626") before settling on Norrin Radd, which is now the one I use whenever possible.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I'm a Christian and I enjoy reading books. Someone who likes to read is often called a bookworm, so...
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

A friend and I were once going to try and make a comic book once, and Cerebrum is the name of one of the characters. The 123 is because it's often taken already.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          A friend and I were once going to try and make a comic book once, and Cerebrum is the name of one of the characters. The 123 is because it's often taken already.
                          For some reason I always think of the old indie comic Cerebus the Aardvark when I see your username.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            For some reason I always think of the old indie comic Cerebus the Aardvark when I see your username.

I'll have to use that some time when other alternatives to Cerebrum are taken.

Comment

I needed a username for my first AOL email address. Couldn't think of anything. Turned over Goldie's drum n' bass album Timeless that was in front of me, and that had just come out that year or the year before (1995), and saw the song titled "Adrift", so I went with that.

Its weird how much these sorts of usernames become part of your identity. I've met some great people over the years, hung out with them in real life, and they know my real name, but will only call me "Adrift", or "Drifty". That's just how they know me. Its also been a bit of a troll magnet for both some Christians and skeptics who've noted it, and used it to imply something about my faith in a sort of immature one upmanship.

Comment