Churchy Words and Phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Because nothing smells bad to him, not even that.
    They had just finished renovating the entire place the day before when me brudder uttered that infamous phrase.

desert-midwestern-white-house-527969194-58dbf8b55f9b5846831e14ff.jpg
    And I was on the inside

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

They had just finished renovating the entire place the day before when me brudder uttered that infamous phrase.

desert-midwestern-white-house-527969194-58dbf8b55f9b5846831e14ff.jpg
      And I was on the inside
      And here I was picturing the time Rhinox blasted Megatron in the face with a blast that could be seen from space. Apparently those bean pods really messed with his system.

Comment

Because nothing smells bad to him, not even that.
        Ya know how one of the signs of Covid is a loss of smell and taste?

The other day it hit me that smells seem "normal" to me since I had Covid in January.

I didn't lose my sense of smell at all, but I no longer seem to get those weird associations with colors or other stuff.
        I actually noticed it when I got a cup of coffee and I didn't think about skunks.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What about those hymns about a fountain of blood or washed in blood? Sounds kinda gross out of context...
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            What about those hymns about a fountain of blood or washed in blood? Sounds kinda gross out of context...
            So does communion.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Ya know how one of the signs of Covid is a loss of smell and taste?

The other day it hit me that smells seem "normal" to me since I had Covid in January.

I didn't lose my sense of smell at all, but I no longer seem to get those weird associations with colors or other stuff.
              I actually noticed it when I got a cup of coffee and I didn't think about skunks.
              So Covid made you lose Synesthesia? Interesting.

Comment

It's not terribly unusual, when people ask me about my religious background, to reply "I'm a member of a cult that believes in eating flesh and drinking blood and dead people coming back to life".

Usually, the person just kinda stares, unable to respond, but I had one guy who lit up and stuck his hand out to shake, and said, "Oh, a Brother in Christ!!!"
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And here I was picturing the time Rhinox blasted Megatron in the face with a blast that could be seen from space. Apparently those bean pods really messed with his system.
                  Well it was contained within the building so that concealed it, but rumor has it that after we left the government swept in dressed in Hazmat suits looking for traces of WMD

Comment

So Covid made you lose Synesthesia? Interesting.
                    Not fully, but I definitely notice a difference. Still. It's like --- not distracting anymore - more of a "I have to pay attention" to realize it.

Actually hadn't thought much about it til just now.

Comment

I've been preaching through Hebrews, which, IMOHBAO, is the best commentary on the Old Testament, so I've been having to refresh my memory on OT customs, laws, sacrifices, etc.

I had forgotten that Moses was required to take the blood and water and sprinkle it on the tabernacle, the service elements, the books AND THE PEOPLE!!! [Ex 24:8]

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Not fully, but I definitely notice a difference. Still. It's like --- not distracting anymore - more of a "I have to pay attention" to realize it.

Actually hadn't thought much about it til just now.
                        Definitely an interesting side effect for sure. I think I have synesthesia, but it is with smells and touch. I smell something, and I associate a texture(felt, plastic, wool etc.) to it. It's almost like when I smell something is being rubbed up against the inside of my nose.

Comment

MelMak used to ascribe colours to degrees of pain.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            MelMak used to ascribe colours to degrees of pain.
                            There are a lot of forms of synesthesia, and that fits with it pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a common form of it.

Comment

What does yellow smell like?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                What does yellow smell like?
                                Sadness.

Comment