X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, so now it's really weird.....

My female barber was a he.

I have no idea yet if he was transgender or just pretending to be a she, but Sport Clips' business model appears to be to only hire women for their "cheerleader" theme of being a "sports" place.

I think the manager was just trying to fire this person, apparently discovering "she" was a "he" after hiring only a few weeks ago, and that's why she (the manager) encouraged me to be her reason.

Since masks are mandatory in the store, there was little to go by, but I remember thinking "her" voice seemed odd - like a "baby doll"... thinking how to say this ... trying too hard to sound sexual.

Apparently, this person is filing a lawsuit against the store for not hiring men, then firing them (him/her) for discrimination.
    (One of the very consistent things about firing a person is that lying on an application for employment is ALWAYS considered a fireable offense - though I have no idea if this is person marked "female" on the job application - I would assume that had to be, since they only hire women - in fact, it would appear this person would have had to lie quite a bit on the application)

I have already told the manager (she called this morning) I have no desire, plans, intent or interest of any type in being involved in the lawsuit.

I'm really glad that I didn't say anything that could be construed as initiating a complaint --- only agreeing, when pressed by the manager --- that I felt uncomfortable being touched like that.
    In this day and age would a biological male who is transgendered and who marked female on his job application, be considered lying?

Anywho... nobody will blame you if you now start resorting to the "Sheila" test Crocodile Dundee used in the movie of that name to determine if your next barber/stylist is a woman or a cross-dresser.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Remember those things they sold on TV that you could attach to your vacuum for cutting your hair?

H8M8zhn.gif200w.gif
      The "Flowbee"

Now someone is selling a handheld version:

the Flowbee! Yeah I used to laugh so hard at those commercials, but I have a friend who has one and it actually seems to do a decent job on his hair.

Is that handheld thing have a vacuum built in or is it just a hand held electric shaver?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

the Flowbee! Yeah I used to laugh so hard at those commercials, but I have a friend who has one and it actually seems to do a decent job on his hair.

Is that handheld thing have a vacuum built in or is it just a hand held electric shaver?
        Good question. It was one of the first pictures I saw when I Google imaged "vacuum haircut"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In this day and age would a biological male who is transgendered and who marked female on his job application, be considered lying?
          That, sadly, is a good point - it used to be a clearly binary male or female. Somebody could argue "well, I identified as a female when I applied for the job....."
          Anyway, that's their battle - I have no interest at all in being involved in this, if it becomes a case.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good question. It was one of the first pictures I saw when I Google imaged "vacuum haircut"
            I looked it up. It is just a rotary shaver. for basically making buzzcuts 1/2" or shorter.

Hopefully I can go back to a regular barber soon. I don't actually like cutting my own hair. Too messy.

Comment

Remember those things they sold on TV that you could attach to your vacuum for cutting your hair?

H8M8zhn.gif200w.gif
              The "Flowbee"

Now someone is selling a handheld version:

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That, sadly, is a good point - it used to be a clearly binary male or female. Somebody could argue "well, I identified as a female when I applied for the job....."
                Anyway, that's their battle - I have no interest at all in being involved in this, if it becomes a case.
                The problem from what I'm hearing is unwanted contact. That's called sexual harassment, gay, straight, cis, or trans, no difference. And bless ya, preacher, Jake maybe thinks you're special, but I doubt she did. If she was bumping you, you weren't the only one. And if they've got video of your haircut, they've got video of every haircut. A little pixelation and they don't need anything else.

Personally, I wouldn't give my trade to a shop that discriminated against men to begin with. There's nothing about a haircut that requires any particular gender, and if I was just looking for eye candy, there's no shortages of beaches down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                  The problem from what I'm hearing is unwanted contact.
                  Correct.

That's called sexual harassment, gay, straight, cis, or trans, no difference. And bless ya, preacher, Jake maybe thinks you're special, but I doubt she did. If she was bumping you, you weren't the only one. And if they've got video of your haircut, they've got video of every haircut. A little pixelation and they don't need anything else.
                  Yeah, I never thought it was anything about me -- I figured it was about a person who was being too touchy thinking it would benefit them in tips.

Personally, I wouldn't give my trade to a shop that discriminated against men to begin with. There's nothing about a haircut that requires any particular gender, and if I was just looking for eye candy, there's no shortages of beaches down here.
                  I had been going there because you could get "in line" online --- but never considered the "women only" aspect. I'm going back to my African-American barber shop where I'm always the minority but they don't discriminate.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

The problem from what I'm hearing is unwanted contact. That's called sexual harassment, gay, straight, cis, or trans, no difference. And bless ya, preacher, Jake maybe thinks you're special, but I doubt she did. If she was bumping you, you weren't the only one. And if they've got video of your haircut, they've got video of every haircut. A little pixelation and they don't need anything else.

But can you get your haircut on the beach?

Comment

My daughter has volunteered to cut my hair - but knows one haircut -- the buzz.

I can just go back to my old fashioned barber shop where I'm the minority. It's an African-American barber shop, but I didn't know that when I first showed up.
                      I stepped in, looked around, saw that I was the only white guy..... and one of the barbers said "come on in".
                      I asked "you do old white guy haircuts?" He laughed, and said, I have a time or two.

So, I'll just go back there.
                      Or, you could wear your hair long.

Otherwise, where a hat.

Comment

I cut Mr. mossy's hair for years. Only stopped because of arthritis in my hands.

It's kind of nice to not do it anymore.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          I cut Mr. mossy's hair for years. Only stopped because of arthritis in my hands.

It's kind of nice to not do it anymore.
                          And now Mr. mossy has a ponytail going down between the shoulder blades

Comment

And now Mr. mossy has a ponytail going down between the shoulder blades
                            Nuh. He bites the bullet and goes to a barber shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

Otherwise, where a hat.
                              On the head in Texas, but I can remember one time in Chicago, when a female visitor to a cubicle I was using for some consulting work inspired me ...
                              What is it with women? Why is it so difficult for them to just check behind them before they take a seat? It's like as soon as their hips pop out that skillionth of a millimeter it becomes as impossible to keep them from swaying as it is to turn their necks to see what they're waving at ...

"Hold on there, Mister ..."

You're sitting on my hat.

Comment