I Think I Got My Barber Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

My daughter has volunteered to cut my hair - but knows one haircut -- the buzz.

I can just go back to my old fashioned barber shop where I'm the minority. It's an African-American barber shop, but I didn't know that when I first showed up.
    I stepped in, looked around, saw that I was the only white guy..... and one of the barbers said "come on in".
    I asked "you do old white guy haircuts?" He laughed, and said, I have a time or two.

So, I'll just go back there.
    uh oh. just a time or two? eeeeekk.

just kidding.

You might look good in an afro.

just kidding.

Go back to the barber shop of the OP. Maybe she still works there.

just kidding

Comment

I had an experience getting a haircut as a teenager. I think my mom brought me to her beauty shop. Basically the stylist was massaging my shoulders as part of the process. I didn't have any complaint but it seemed a bit weird.

Comment

Originally posted by rstrats View Post

So if you don't care how your hair looks why do you get it cut so often?
        Compromise with those who do care.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Compromise with those who do care.
          I get mine cut 4-5 times a year. It's been since last July and it's driving me nuts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have been cutting my own hair for the last year

Not the best hair cut, but not bad either. The hardest part is the neck trimming to get the back even.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Not the best hair cut, but not bad either. The hardest part is the neck trimming to get the back even.
              I've just been chopping off whatever hangs in front of my eyes.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I've just been chopping off whatever hangs in front of my eyes.
                Mullet Man!

Comment

Mullet Man!
                  The primary reason I stopped cutting it as it covered my ears. It looks a lot like how I wore my hair 40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The primary reason I stopped cutting it as it covered my ears. It looks a lot like how I wore my hair 40 years ago.
                    We need a picture.

Comment

I can't remember the last time anyone cut my hair but me. At least twenty years.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I can't remember the last time anyone cut my hair but me. At least twenty years.
                        Gotta keep it perfect I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Maybe I need to get a set of these!

71ROmqRGUTL._SL1499_.jpg

Comment

OK, so now it's really weird.....

My female barber was a he.

I have no idea yet if he was transgender or just pretending to be a she, but Sport Clips' business model appears to be to only hire women for their "cheerleader" theme of being a "sports" place.

I think the manager was just trying to fire this person, apparently discovering "she" was a "he" after hiring only a few weeks ago, and that's why she (the manager) encouraged me to be her reason.

Since masks are mandatory in the store, there was little to go by, but I remember thinking "her" voice seemed odd - like a "baby doll"... thinking how to say this ... trying too hard to sound sexual.

Apparently, this person is filing a lawsuit against the store for not hiring men, then firing them (him/her) for discrimination.
                            (One of the very consistent things about firing a person is that lying on an application for employment is ALWAYS considered a fireable offense - though I have no idea if this is person marked "female" on the job application - I would assume that had to be, since they only hire women - in fact, it would appear this person would have had to lie quite a bit on the application)

I have already told the manager (she called this morning) I have no desire, plans, intent or interest of any type in being involved in the lawsuit.

I'm really glad that I didn't say anything that could be construed as initiating a complaint --- only agreeing, when pressed by the manager --- that I felt uncomfortable being touched like that.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

71ROmqRGUTL._SL1499_.jpg
                              I keep the back trimmed tight because Florida plus neck hair means a stream of sweat running under my collar. I dress it with a straight razor under my finger, makes it easy to carve a neat line. Haven't needed a mirror in forever.

Comment

71ROmqRGUTL._SL1499_.jpg
                                Remember those things they sold on TV that you could attach to your vacuum for cutting your hair?

H8M8zhn.gif200w.gif
                                The "Flowbee"

Now someone is selling a handheld version:

Comment