Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think I Got My Barber Fired

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Think I Got My Barber Fired

    OK, so I've been going to Sport Clips for a while - they do a decent haircut, and for seniors, it's only $16.00.

    Pretty much, it seems I get a new "barber" every time I go in - always girls.

    Today was weird, as my "barber" (I think of barbers as men - yeah, I know - sexist) seemed a little too friendly.

    The first couple of times, I thought it was just happenstance, but she seemed to keep leaning in to cut my hair, and bump me with her breast.
    Yeah, that's probably unavoidable throughout the whole haircut, but it just seemed a little too much.

    When I was done, I went to the register to pay, and the manager met me there.
    She asked, "was everything OK"?

    I thought about it for a second, but thought it would sound really weird if I complained about being touched like that, so I said, "yup, all is good".

    The manager (also a woman) looked at me and said, "you hesitated - what's the matter?"

    I paused again, not really wanting to go into it, but this woman looked at me and said, "ya got a minute?" and motioned toward the back.
    I went back to the back with her, and she said "I'd really like to know what you were thinking".
    I paused again, and she said, "look, I've had some complaints, but nobody will tell me what's going on".

    So, I told her it just seemed odd that my "stylist" (I guess that's what they're called now) was just a wee bit too touchy.
    The manager nodded, and said, "she came to us from another outfit that got bought out by a conglomerate because of Covid, and we were trying her out, but, yeah, she seems a little too 'friendly'".
    Then she asked if I would watch the video with her.... she didn't wait for an answer, and set up the player to show my haircut.

    Over and over this "stylist" had kept leaning in and (don't know how else to say it) "bumping me" or "rubbing me" with her chest.
    The manager asked, "that was making you uncomfortable?" I said, "well, when I was younger and unmarried, I would have considered it thrilling".

    Then the manager told me "that's a thing" - it's called "the boob bump" - and girls will do it in hopes that the man will ask for them the next time they come in, and tip more than usual.

    I don't know how I managed to be in my 7th decade on the planet and not know that was "a thing", but SHEEEEEESH!!!!!
    So, the Manager thanked me, and told me she would handle the problem, because she had already spoken with the "stylist", but she wasn't getting the message.

    This really is a strange world in which we live!

    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, so I've been going to Sport Clips for a while - they do a decent haircut, and for seniors, it's only $16.00.

    Pretty much, it seems I get a new "barber" every time I go in - always girls.

    Today was weird, as my "barber" (I think of barbers as men - yeah, I know - sexist) seemed a little too friendly.

    The first couple of times, I thought it was just happenstance, but she seemed to keep leaning in to cut my hair, and bump me with her breast.
    Yeah, that's probably unavoidable throughout the whole haircut, but it just seemed a little too much.

    When I was done, I went to the register to pay, and the manager met me there.
    She asked, "was everything OK"?

    I thought about it for a second, but thought it would sound really weird if I complained about being touched like that, so I said, "yup, all is good".

    The manager (also a woman) looked at me and said, "you hesitated - what's the matter?"

    I paused again, not really wanting to go into it, but this woman looked at me and said, "ya got a minute?" and motioned toward the back.
    I went back to the back with her, and she said "I'd really like to know what you were thinking".
    I paused again, and she said, "look, I've had some complaints, but nobody will tell me what's going on".

    So, I told her it just seemed odd that my "stylist" (I guess that's what they're called now) was just a wee bit too touchy.
    The manager nodded, and said, "she came to us from another outfit that got bought out by a conglomerate because of Covid, and we were trying her out, but, yeah, she seems a little too 'friendly'".
    Then she asked if I would watch the video with her.... she didn't wait for an answer, and set up the player to show my haircut.

    Over and over this "stylist" had kept leaning in and (don't know how else to say it) "bumping me" or "rubbing me" with her chest.
    The manager asked, "that was making you uncomfortable?" I said, "well, when I was younger and unmarried, I would have considered it thrilling".

    Then the manager told me "that's a thing" - it's called "the boob bump" - and girls will do it in hopes that the man will ask for them the next time they come in, and tip more than usual.

    I don't know how I managed to be in my 7th decade on the planet and not know that was "a thing", but SHEEEEEESH!!!!!
    So, the Manager thanked me, and told me she would handle the problem, because she had already spoken with the "stylist", but she wasn't getting the message.

    This really is a strange world in which we live!
    This is... well, shocking



    What was the address of this place again?




    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      And I forgot -- when I was ready to leave, I told the manager I hadn't paid* -- and she smiled and said "yes, you did".

      *the manager intercepted me at the cash register

      AND..... the manager also pointed out that barber shops and hair salons are exempt from the Texas "the shop owner can decide mask or not" --- they are governed by the State Board of SomethingOrOther which maintains that, since they necessarily touch their customers, and are in close proximity, masks are mandated at all times.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #4
        You didn't get your barber fired.

        She got herself fired.


        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          ... and are in close proximity, masks are mandated at all times.
          Sorry to hear about your experience. I know the feeling. *way too recent one-uppin' experiences with female students omitted to preserve my own comfort levels* Dammit, I'm 61, that shouldn't be happening anymore. No, just no. Because poor students are the polar opposite of attractive to me. At least it happens a lot less often now.

          But since ya bring it up, I want to put in another plug for mask-wearing. Numbers suggest enhanced masking put a bigger crimp on regular flu season this year than flu shots. I'm personally determined to make it a regular practice in flu seasons going forward, at least when I'm indoors in crowded conditions.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

            Sorry to hear about your experience. I know the feeling. *way too recent one-uppin' experiences with female students omitted to preserve my own comfort levels* Dammit, I'm 61, that shouldn't be happening anymore. No, just no. Because poor students are the polar opposite of attractive to me. At least it happens a lot less often now.

            But since ya bring it up, I want to put in another plug for mask-wearing. Numbers suggest enhanced masking put a bigger crimp on regular flu season this year than flu shots. I'm personally determined to make it a regular practice in flu seasons going forward, at least when I'm indoors in crowded conditions.
            I think I read somewhere that the number of fatalities from the flu this year was in the low thousands which is a fraction of what is typical

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I think I read somewhere that the number of fatalities from the flu this year was in the low thousands which is a fraction of what is typical
              When my Doctor mentioned that at my last checkup, she said part of that was that even cases of the common flu were being treated as Covid. But, no doubt, a lot of it had to do with far fewer people out and about and in each other's way.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • #8
                My best friend's female hair cutter has blown on his neck.

                How about having your wife cut your hair, CP.

                https://www.titaniumtrim.com/?mid=11...IaAqIqEALw_wcB

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                  When my Doctor mentioned that at my last checkup, she said part of that was that even cases of the common flu were being treated as Covid. But, no doubt, a lot of it had to do with far fewer people out and about and in each other's way.
                  And yet covid keeps spiking in spite of people not being in each other's way and also wearing maskd


                  Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                    My best friend's female hair cutter has blown on his neck.

                    How about having your wife cut your hair, CP.

                    https://www.titaniumtrim.com/?mid=11...IaAqIqEALw_wcB
                    My daughter has volunteered to cut my hair - but knows one haircut -- the buzz.

                    I can just go back to my old fashioned barber shop where I'm the minority. It's an African-American barber shop, but I didn't know that when I first showed up.
                    I stepped in, looked around, saw that I was the only white guy..... and one of the barbers said "come on in".
                    I asked "you do old white guy haircuts?" He laughed, and said, I have a time or two.

                    So, I'll just go back there.
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I try to go out of my way to get my hair cut as much as possible. What ends up happening is whenever my mom visits me every few months, she'll insist on cutting it for me, and she does as well as any professional would. Or at least I assume so. I don't particularly care about how my hair looks.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I try to go out of my way to get my hair cut as much as possible. What ends up happening is whenever my mom visits me every few months, she'll insist on cutting it for me, and she does as well as any professional would. Or at least I assume so. I don't particularly care about how my hair looks.
                        Your wife cuts your hair too, when you let her do it....
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I try to go out of my way to get my hair cut as much as possible. What ends up happening is whenever my mom visits me every few months, she'll insist on cutting it for me, and she does as well as any professional would. Or at least I assume so. I don't particularly care about how my hair looks.

                          So if you don't care how your hair looks why do you get it cut so often?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            You didn't get your barber fired.

                            She got herself fired.
                            I wouldn't be surprised if she was merely warned not to be so aggressive in her attempt to get a good tip.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              So, the Manager thanked me, and told me she would handle the problem, because she had already spoken with the "stylist", but she wasn't getting the message.
                              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I wouldn't be surprised if she was merely warned not to be so aggressive in her attempt to get a good tip.
                              I think you'd be right if it were the first time, and the manager wasn't a woman.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cow Poke, 05-12-2021, 11:58 AM
                              65 responses
                              309 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Cow Poke, 05-11-2021, 02:06 PM
                              15 responses
                              93 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by mossrose, 03-02-2021, 12:38 PM
                              72 responses
                              239 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by The Melody Maker, 04-06-2017, 09:23 PM
                              334 responses
                              58,624 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, 10-26-2016, 08:35 AM
                              6,790 responses
                              358,413 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X