The Equalizer - Queen Latifah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah she looks more like a middle aged mom than a super spy.
    That's her super-power! She lures you into a false sense of security then beats the living daylights out of you.

(My mom was smarter -- "I don't have to chase you - I know where you sleep!" ... THAT, my friend, will cause you to stay awake at night)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Likewise, while all of those supermodel-like actresses are easy on the eyes, watching them regularly (supposedly) soundly beating the crap out of several guys that make sumo wrestlers look puny is so unrealistic.
      At least on NCIS LA they sort of play up on how little Hettie is and how unlikely a fighter she is, so when he beats up people it is more of an inside joke that everyone is scared of her.

Comment

Yeah she looks more like a middle aged mom than a super spy.
        Well... Edward Woodward...
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yeah, but he was naturally cool. AND had a British accent - that made him even coolererer.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Did he go around kung-fuing everyone? I don't really remember.

I did like the Equalizer movies with Denzel Washington. He pulled off the character very well.

Comment

I've only seen a commercial for it which had her manhandling some burly guy twice her size in a manner more likely to irritate him than be effective. Eyes rolled and haven't tuned in.
              Is anybody twice her size?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Did he go around kung-fuing everyone? I don't really remember.

I did like the Equalizer movies with Denzel Washington. He pulled off the character very well.
                I think Woodward's character was a master of soft power.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06
                  And it isn't like there have never been detectives who weren't acting like kung fools all the time: Ironsides, Barnaby Jones, Longstreet to name a few.
                  But I love Barnaby Jones' line --- "at this range, I never miss".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I think Woodward's character was a master of soft power.
                    And it isn't like there have never been detective shows where the stars weren't acting like kung fools all the time: Ironsides, Barnaby Jones, Longstreet to name a few.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But I love Barnaby Jones' line --- "at this range, I never miss".
                      And in the pilot he mentions how he never fired a shot (except in target practice) in his entire career in law enforcement but fired off several every episode.

A couple of others who rarely fought: Banacek and Ellery Queen

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And in the pilot he mentions how he never fired a shot (except in target practice) in his entire career in law enforcement but fired off several every episode.
                        He had to make up for lost time!

A couple of others who rarely fought: Banacek and Ellery Queen
                        How bout "and dat's da name of DAT tune"... um...

Comment

I don't know why they bothered making it a "reboot" instead of just making it a new show with her.

They are "rebooting" Kung Fu too, again basically just reusing the name from the old show and not having any other connection as far as I can tell.

Comment

He had to make up for lost time!

How bout "and dat's da name of DAT tune"... um...
                            Barretta? IIRC he duked it out with someone at least once per episode.

Comment

I don't know why they bothered making it a "reboot" instead of just making it a new show with her.

They are "rebooting" Kung Fu too, again basically just reusing the name from the old show and not having any other connection as far as I can tell.
                              Why do I get the feeling we'll soon be seeing a black transsexual Caine?

Comment

Why do I get the feeling we'll soon be seeing a black transsexual Caine?
                                nope. but the lead is a chinese american woman. Her name is Chen though. Starts wedsnesday. Not a western either. Like I said, totally different show stealing an old name so they can call it a 'reboot'.

Comment