Customer rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I love my Ford Ranger -- a pickup truck big enough to haul 4 people and "stuff", but not so big that it won't fit in my garage with the garaged door closed.
    As a matter of fact, I like to brag that BOTH our vehicles fit in the garage with the garage door closed, and we can actually get out of the vehicles and walk around them.
    My last truck was a Ford Ranger XL. With the back jumpseats. Not really big enough to haul people back there comfortably, but good in a pinch. I mostly used the space for junk storage. I decided on a Kia Sportage this last time. It's basically a big car, but has space in the back and fold down seats if I need to haul bigger things. But it's higher off the ground than a car, making it easier to get in and out of, and I can see over cars in front of me. It's 11 years old now, but only has 48,000 miles. Still looks brand new since I have always kept it in the garage. I am hoping it will last another 10 years. Nice not having a car payment. I might get an electric car next time if the technology improves and the costs come down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

My last truck was a Ford Ranger XL. With the back jumpseats. Not really big enough to haul people back there comfortably, but good in a pinch. I mostly used the space for junk storage. I decided on a Kia Sportage this last time. It's basically a big car, but has space in the back and fold down seats if I need to haul bigger things. But it's higher off the ground than a car, making it easier to get in and out of, and I can see over cars in front of me. It's 11 years old now, but only has 48,000 miles. Still looks brand new since I have always kept it in the garage. I am hoping it will last another 10 years. Nice not having a car payment. I might get an electric car next time if the technology improves and the costs come down.
      Yeah, my wife had one of the Ford Rangers from the bygone days - way too claustrophobic for me. a Toy Truck!

This is a mid-sized model reintroduced to the States for 2019.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, my wife had one of the Ford Rangers from the bygone days - way too claustrophobic for me. a Toy Truck!

This is a mid-sized model reintroduced to the States for 2019.
        It was my dad's truck. I got it after he died. I kept it as long as I could, but eventually I was just putting in more oil than gas and it would cost more to replace the engine and transmission and other stuff than it was worth. I donated it. Can't remember if it was the DAV or Salvation Army. Before that I drove my grandpa's old 85 Parisienne after he died. Before that I had a Chevy Celebrity that I bought in 86. Until my KIA I hadn't had a car payment since 1990!

Comment

Today, I told someone their password had to be so many characters. They apparently seriously thought I meant cartoon characters.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Today, I told someone their password had to be so many characters. They apparently seriously thought I meant cartoon characters.
            probably loony-toons characters

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I don't mean to be insensitive or anything, but that kind of misunderstanding is hilarious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I don't mean to be insensitive or anything, but that kind of misunderstanding is hilarious to me.
                It's one of those things that doesn't ultimately harm anyone.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment