Customer rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer rant

I had the "pleasure" of talking to a lady who called in to my work yesterday wanting help ordering something offered by another company. I first explained (several times) that we do not offer that product. She started crying, said that she is disabled (which apparently merits her special treatment?), she had been a loyal customer of ours for years, and demanded that I at least transfer her to that company. Even if I could warm transfer to another company (which I'm not allowed to), I couldn't because that product is only offered online, and that website does not have a public customer service phone number. There was literally nothing I could do for her.

I tried to explain that, but she told me that I am a cold hearted person, called me something else I can't post on here, and told me she hopes I rot in hell.

I don't understand how anybody who believes in eternal torment could want somebody to go there, especially over something so minor. I also don't understand verbally abusing people at the wrong company. Do people like her go to Wendy's and curse them out because they won't serve them a Big Mac?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Not to defend her in any way, but she's probably hurting, and lashes out at --- no, I don't think she'd likely do that in person - I think it's the "I don't really have to look at you to cuss you out" aspect.

So sorry you had to go through that.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I tried to explain that, but she told me that I am a cold hearted person, called me something else I can't post on here, and told me she hopes I rot in hell.
      Quite honestly, my second thought was -- I wouldn't even wish that on H_A!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What kind of company do you work at?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          What kind of company do you work at?
          I'd rather not say publicly
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I had the "pleasure" of talking to a lady who called in to my work yesterday wanting help ordering something offered by another company. ....
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

a REAL department store Santa would cheerfully point the customer to another store who sells the product!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

a REAL department store Santa would cheerfully point the customer to another store who sells the product!

And only the REAL Santa would do that.

Ergo, no department store Santa is the REAL Santa.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

And only the REAL Santa would do that.

Ergo, no department store Santa is the REAL Santa.
                wait, WHAT?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post

wait, WHAT?!?!?!

Those are Santa's helpers, Virginia. The REAL Santa is rather busy re-checking his list.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Those are Santa's helpers, Virginia. The REAL Santa is rather busy re-checking his list.
                    you had me scared that there really was NOT a Santa!

Comment

Wait, King's Gambit is Santa?

Hey KG, er Santa, I need a new car.

Comment

I had the "pleasure" of talking to a lady who called in to my work yesterday wanting help ordering something offered by another company. I first explained (several times) that we do not offer that product. She started crying, said that she is disabled (which apparently merits her special treatment?), she had been a loyal customer of ours for years, and demanded that I at least transfer her to that company. Even if I could warm transfer to another company (which I'm not allowed to), I couldn't because that product is only offered online, and that website does not have a public customer service phone number. There was literally nothing I could do for her.

I don't understand how anybody who believes in eternal torment could want somebody to go there, especially over something so minor. I also don't understand verbally abusing people at the wrong company. Do people like her go to Wendy's and curse them out because they won't serve them a Big Mac?
                        Trite but true: Hurt people hurt people.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Wait, King's Gambit is Santa?

Hey KG, er Santa, I need a new car.
                          No, you WANT a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

No, you WANT a new car.
                            Actually an new SUV.

Comment

Actually an new SUV.
                              I love my Ford Ranger -- a pickup truck big enough to haul 4 people and "stuff", but not so big that it won't fit in my garage with the garaged door closed.
                              As a matter of fact, I like to brag that BOTH our vehicles fit in the garage with the garage door closed, and we can actually get out of the vehicles and walk around them.

Comment