Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Have you had alligator?

And rattlesnake, frogs, lizards, ants, locust, parrot, shark, horse, and a whole bunch of other stuff included monkey brains which was nasty in the extreme.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Have you had alligator?
      No. Nor have I ever had catfish, although OBP actually ordered some right in front of me when we visited Sparky and he came to join us.

I have had ostrich, though.
      Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:36 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And rattlesnake, frogs, lizards, ants, locust, parrot, shark, horse, and a whole bunch of other stuff included monkey brains which was nasty in the extreme.
        We're the monkey brains chilled and served in the head of the monkey? And did little snakes come out of the snake? And did you have big beetles that you sucked the contents of the abdomen out of?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

We're the monkey brains chilled and served in the head of the monkey? And did little snakes come out of the snake? And did you have big beetles that you sucked the contents of the abdomen out of?
          Nothing like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

The monkey brains were served in small chilled, Irish cut crystal bowls. As for the taste... The only thing I can compare it to is Blood Pudding. Blood Pudding that had curled or otherwise gone bad.

The rattlesnake was cooked outdoors over a campfire. Tasted like chicken but way too many little bones.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nothing like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

The monkey brains were served in small chilled, Irish cut crystal bowls. As for the taste... The only thing I can compare it to is Blood Pudding. Blood Pudding that had curled or otherwise gone bad.

The rattlesnake was cooked outdoors over a campfire. Tasted like chicken but way too many little bones.
            You shouldn't eat brains of anything. That sort of thing leads to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Comment

It has "butter" in it.
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

It has "butter" in it.
                Is it spreadable?

Comment

I had ostrich stew once and it tasted horrible. Not sure if it was just the way it normally tastes or the cook was just a terrible cook. But, I had to make excuses that I wasn't feeling well in order to not insult the host because I couldn't eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I had ostrich stew once and it tasted horrible. Not sure if it was just the way it normally tastes or the cook was just a terrible cook. But, I had to make excuses that I wasn't feeling well in order to not insult the host because I couldn't eat it.
                    We had a steak. It was very lean, and very rich. It tasted ok, but I couldn't describe the taste if I had to, because it was also about 20 years ago.

He still cooks for, but it's too late to impress us. They've been married 20 years in June.

Where does the time go?

Sparky, did you have catfish that night we went out with OBP? I can't remember. All I know is that he kept trying to get me to have a taste, all with an evil sort of grin on his face.

Comment

We had a steak. It was very lean, and very rich. It tasted ok, but I couldn't describe the taste if I had to, because it was also about 20 years ago.

He still cooks for, but it's too late to impress us. They've been married 20 years in June.

Where does the time go?

Sparky, did you have catfish that night we went out with OBP? I can't remember. All I know is that he kept trying to get me to have a taste, all with an evil sort of grin on his face.
                      I don't remember what I ate. But the catfish there is delicious. It pretty much tastes like any other white fish though. Doesn't taste like cat at all.

Comment

You shouldn't eat brains of anything. That sort of thing leads to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
                        And Zombificationism

Comment

I don't remember what I ate. But the catfish there is delicious. It pretty much tastes like any other white fish though. Doesn't taste like cat at all.
                          A friend of my brother opened up a seafood place where the catfish was soooo good I quit ordering shrimp and got that instead.

I mean, for me catfish is "filler food" -- the stuff you'll eat if you're still hungry and that's all that is left. But this stuff was delicious. Ought to be since the name of his place was "Catfish Jim's"

Also had the best hush puppies. I'd stop by after work and get a double order to go for snacks

Comment

I bet it tastes like bottom feeder, though.

Comment

I bet it tastes like bottom feeder, though.

Which lobsters are as well, but it seems that you indicated that you enjoyed them.

Comment

Which lobsters are as well, but it seems that you indicated that you enjoyed them.
                                I never stepped on a lobster and was traumatized for life.

Comment