Ravi Zacharias? Say It Ain't So!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He abused women. Not "just" adultery.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Quick! Where is my fainting couch and smelling salts?

As I mentioned in the other thread, even a bad teacher can still teach sound doctrine (pretty much the point Paul made in Philippians 1:18)
      I understand that some bookstores are removing his books.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

What bothers me is that this report came after he died when he cannot defend himself. A Christian who is a sinner; what a shock!

How do we know that he did not end this behavior before he died; how do we know he didn't pray about it and asked for forgiveness?

Do we have the right to judge him?

How God judges him we can't know. But we can know that he caused untold misery to women, abusing and using them, and denied it when it came out years ago instead of confessing and repenting. Even if he had a deathbed confession, that doesn't remove the damage he has caused to his victims and his own ministry who will never be able to recover. All the good he has done is now tainted forever. I would not be surprised if they pull his books and dissolve his ministry. I hope they use the money they have to try to repair some of the damage he has done and recompense the women.

As far as us judging him? Paul tells us that we should judge those in the church, especially in regards to sexual immorality.

1 cor 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sisterbut is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Last edited by Sparko; 02-16-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

It sounds like he was addicted to sex and improper sex is no different than any other sin.

Mark 10:18: "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."
          It is no different. However, those who teach the gospel are held to a higher standard. Those with more responsibility have more required of them. If he repented during his life, he still needed to be removed from his ministry. The fact that he continued on even when rumours were flying says a great deal about his integrity beyond his sexual sin.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It sounds like he was addicted to sex and improper sex is no different than any other sin.

Mark 10:18: "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."
            People in positions of leadership are held to a much higher standard, and it's not so much that it's "sin", but continual unconfessed sin.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

People in positions of leadership are held to a much higher standard, and it's not so much that it's "sin", but continual unconfessed sin.
              Also it is different in that it harmed others and he denied it and kept harming others. directly by his actions. From what I have read it wasn't like he was engaging in some consensual extramarital affair which would be bad enough, but was actually abusing women, I have heard some say even rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Also it is different in that it harmed others and he denied it and kept harming others. directly by his actions. From what I have read it wasn't like he was engaging in some consensual extramarital affair which would be bad enough, but was actually abusing women, I have heard some say even rape.
                And it wasn't simply "he fell into sin", but that he appears to have engaged in it as a lifestyle.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Similar to how often it isn't the offense/crime but the attempted cover up of it that leads to the most trouble. Nixon found that out the hard way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Similar to how often it isn't the offense/crime but the attempted cover up of it that leads to the most trouble. Nixon found that out the hard way.
                    EGGzackly, because the cover itself up pretty well proves intent.

Comment

EGGzackly, because the cover itself up pretty well proves intent.
                      As does being a serial repeat offender. At least when you get caught, and if you claim that you were weak and can't help yourself, you have the opportunity to seek help -- but that wasn't what he did. He lied, compounding the offense.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As does being a serial repeat offender. At least when you get caught, and if you claim that you were weak and can't help yourself, you have the opportunity to seek help -- but that wasn't what he did. He lied, compounding the offense.
                        So, based on the conversation I had with my pastor friends (last Saturday, maybe?) I've been re-looking at some of his work. I think I'm pretty well convinced that all of his work was "intellectual", with little to no spiritual.

Comment

So, based on the conversation I had with my pastor friends (last Saturday, maybe?) I've been re-looking at some of his work. I think I'm pretty well convinced that all of his work was "intellectual", with little to no spiritual.
                          Even so, some of it was undeniably good. It's just a shame that he didn't take what he knew and let it go to his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

It is no different. However, those who teach the gospel are held to a higher standard. Those with more responsibility have more required of them. If he repented during his life, he still needed to be removed from his ministry. The fact that he continued on even when rumours were flying says a great deal about his integrity beyond his sexual sin.
                            Just like police officers who break the law are held to a higher standard.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I was thinking this could be a frame-up orchestrated by someone with a vendita against him.

Comment

I was thinking this could be a frame-up orchestrated by someone with a vendita against him.

I wish.

Comment