Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravi Zacharias? Say It Ain't So!

Heartbreaking!

Damning report concludes prominent evangelist Ravi Zacharias sexually abused women for years

Well-known Christian apologist, Ravi Zacharias, who died last spring, is guilty of "sexting, unwanted touching, spiritual abuse, and rape" of multiple women over the course of several years, the global evangelical organization he founded announced in an open letter this week.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ravi-z...se-allegations
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      What is wrong with these guys - was he ever really a Christian?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

What is wrong with these guys - was he ever really a Christian?
        I don't know what the deal is, but it seems the more notoriety you get... I don't know.

Same thing happened with Joel Gregory, who was one of my Seminary professors.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know what the deal is, but it seems the more notoriety you get... I don't know.

Same thing happened with Joel Gregory, who was one of my Seminary professors.
          I would have never guessed this about Ravi...

Comment

I would have never guessed this about Ravi...
            Makes ya think.

Comment

Reminds me of a former pastor I knew, a very fundamentalist preacher who led a secret life, sexually molesting foster children while active in the ministry. Until his wife discovered it and exposed him.

There was somebody else I remember, a very active leader in the same church, whom I knew very well personally. But suspicions arose. He was a member of that same fundamentalist church, and I noticed that when on visitation with him, he seemed to take delight in condemning the unbeliever for his sin. This person was a bitter person, and at times I wondered whether he were sincerely a Christian, or just kept the lifestyle because it gave him the opportunity to condemn others who didn't match his standards. Did he have other reasons for professing a Christian faith? Surely enough, many years later, he totally abandoned his professed faith. Which leads me to the conclusion that there are some who make a profession for reasons other than a true Holy Spirit conversion. It's really hard, maybe impossible, to make a distinction.
              When I Survey....

Comment

Heartbreaking!
                Apologiaphoenix has a thread about this in Deeper Waters

It truly is sad when someone you looked up to has been shown to have behaved in such a manner

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Heartbreaking!
                  What bothers me is that this report came after he died when he cannot defend himself. A Christian who is a sinner; what a shock!

How do we know that he did not end this behavior before he died; how do we know he didn't pray about it and asked for forgiveness?

Do we have the right to judge him?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

What bothers me is that this report came after he died when he cannot defend himself. A Christian who is a sinner; what a shock!

How do we know that he did not end this behavior before he died; how do we know he didn't pray about it and asked for forgiveness?

The accusations were out there before his death and he emphatically denied them. The trouble is that the evidence has continued to mount to the point where even his ardent defenders are conceding that he did it. That he didn't admit to it when he knew his time was short but continued with the charade is what is bothering people.

As to judging... While according to Matthew 7:1 Jesus says “Judge not, that you be not judged" this should be viewed in context for He goes on to say

Scripture Verse: Matthew 7:2

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you

© Copyright Original Source

So it's a case of judging hypocritically that we should avoid. Not casting the first stone as it were if we're also guilty of doing what we are judging others of doing.

Also we have Paul telling us in I Corinthians

Scripture Verse: I Corinthians 5:9

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people

and yet he counsels us

Scripture Verse: Galatians 6:1

if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness

This goes back to his adamant denials and therefore refusal to repent. Given all of the good work Ravi did over the years I can only pray that he did ask God for forgiveness.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That would be between him and the Lord when Ravi stands before Him.
                      Meanwhile, it doesn't change the damage that has been done.

Even when one asks forgiveness and is forgiven (no clue that happened) there are still consequences.

A man who murders another, then confesses and is forgiven for the sin, does not change the fact somebody was murdered.

Comment

That would be between him and the Lord when Ravi stands before Him.
                        Meanwhile, it doesn't change the damage that has been done.

Even when one asks forgiveness and is forgiven (no clue that happened) there are still consequences.

A man who murders another, then confesses and is forgiven for the sin, does not change the fact somebody was murdered.
                        What about all the good he did?

Comment

What about all the good he did?
                          Unfortunately, a whole bunch of 'attaboys' get wiped out by one "oh poop*". That's just how life works.

*sorry for the incredibly offensive language - I blame mossy who taught me that swear word. (but it's better than the original)

Comment

Unfortunately, a whole bunch of 'attaboys' get wiped out by one "oh poop*". That's just how life works.

*sorry for the incredibly offensive language - I blame mossy who taught me that swear word. (but it's better than the original)
                            Quick! Where is my fainting couch and smelling salts?

As I mentioned in the other thread, even a bad teacher can still teach sound doctrine (pretty much the point Paul made in Philippians 1:18)

Comment

It sounds like he was addicted to sex and improper sex is no different than any other sin.

Mark 10:18: "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."
                              Last edited by Christian3; 02-16-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment