Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The color for one thing
    Reminds me of the time my wife had gone with some other women to a Women's Bible Conference on a Thursday - Saturday. While she was gone, my youngest daughter and I found out that a former Church member had died, and the funeral was that Saturday morning. We decided to attend the funeral, and ended up arriving home the same time my wife got home from the Women's Conference.

Wife - "you guys sure looked dressed up, where ya been?"
    Me - "we were at a funeral"
    Wife - "oh, somebody died?"

Daughter and I looked at each other, and she shrugged and said, "you take this one, Dad...."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      What's the diff between white and black pepper?
      that's racist!!

Comment

All pepper matters!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Reminds me of the time my wife had gone with some other women to a Women's Bible Conference on a Thursday - Saturday. While she was gone, my youngest daughter and I found out that a former Church member had died, and the funeral was that Saturday morning. We decided to attend the funeral, and ended up arriving home the same time my wife got home from the Women's Conference.

Wife - "you guys sure looked dressed up, where ya been?"
          Me - "we were at a funeral"
          Wife - "oh, somebody died?"

Daughter and I looked at each other, and she shrugged and said, "you take this one, Dad...."
          Is it true that in Texas after the pastor finishes a eulogy at the funeral you can hear several beers being opened in tribute?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Is it true that in Texas after the pastor finishes a eulogy at the funeral you can hear several beers being opened in tribute?
            Sometimes it's worse.

I'm in the lead car with the funeral director on the way to the graveside, funeral is over, procession following. Just chatting with funeral director on the way, and I notice he's watching his side view mirror, and begins to slow down.

I ask what's going on, and he says "I don't know, but the car with the family just pulled over into that convenience store". So, the whole funeral procession stops, waits for one of the guys to get out of the family car, run into the store, and come running out with 2 12 packs of Bud.

We get to the graveside, and one the son of this dear sweet Christian lady insists that the funeral director open the casket "one last time" so we can have a beer with Mom.

Honest!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Sometimes it's worse.

I'm in the lead car with the funeral director on the way to the graveside, funeral is over, procession following. Just chatting with funeral director on the way, and I notice he's watching his side view mirror, and begins to slow down.

I ask what's going on, and he says "I don't know, but the car with the family just pulled over into that convenience store". So, the whole funeral procession stops, waits for one of the guys to get out of the family car, run into the store, and come running out with 2 12 packs of Bud.

We get to the graveside, and one the son of this dear sweet Christian lady insists that the funeral director open the casket "one last time" so we can have a beer with Mom.

Honest!
              I was at a funeral of a friend who wanted everyone to have one last drink with him.

To say the least it was a very unconventional funeral. He always wanted a Viking funeral so his cremated remains were taken to a small island up on Lake Allatoona north of Atlanta. His sister who was quite the artist created a Viking long boat out of papier-mâché which either lighter fluid or kerosene was poured over and his ashes were set on. The whole thing was pushed out into the lake and when it got about 30 or 40' out a flaming crossbow bolt was used to set it ablaze.

Earlier, a park ranger had dropped by on his boat and when he was told what was intended warned us it was prohibited. He then immediately left. We sorta figured he realized we were going to do it and wanted to do his duty then leave so nobody could hold him responsible.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                If I were to try the recipe in the opening post, I'd quarter everything. 2 cups is way too much flour for the amount of chicken I usually cook. But I may try it next time I cook chicken.
                Or just save the extra for next time.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment