Diaz Vs. McGregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    So what is your argument exactly? You're being a bit cryptic.
    I personally have an issue with a sport where the aim of competition involves attempting to injure or hurt the opponent. While some people play rough in sports like basketball, it is possible to play without intentionally causing any harm. While injuries happen, they are incidental and unintended (you can get hurt while working out, crossing the street or working construction, but that doesn't mean those things are wrong to do). I don't see how this can be done with UFC.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I personally have an issue with a sport where the aim of competition involves attempting to injure or hurt the opponent. While some people play rough in sports like basketball, it is possible to play without intentionally causing any harm. While injuries happen, they are incidental and unintended (you can get hurt while working out, crossing the street or working construction, but that doesn't mean those things are wrong to do). I don't see how this can be done with UFC.
      That's cool. But in your first post, it sounded like you were appealing to religious authority against it. Implying it was sin. If that's the case, how would you answer scrawly's post #9. And then you'd have to explain where you'd draw the line. Sports like boxing and American football are obvious, but most sports still have physical contact that isn't so obvious. I used track and field as a best case scenario. But as you compare sports, the lines get grey. Yes, physical contact in basketball oftentimes IS intentional (I know because I play it). Same can be said for soccer, baseball, most sports where physical contact isn't necessarily expected, though the physical contact often is intentional. In baseball, for example, your intent is to knock the ball out of the hands of the catcher when you slam into him. Hitting the hitter with a fast ball is often done in retaliation. How do you determine which sport where there is physical contact is sin and which isn't in this case?

Comment