Is a meat and cheese taco a taco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Salsa is overrated. In fact I'm not much into any condiments except ketchup.

Relax. I wouldn't dream of putting any on my taco, burrito and enchilada.
    In England, they put Ranch dressing on tacos because they think it's Mexican.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

Likely use a knife and fork as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just wanting to let everyone here know that in the spirit of public safety and delicious Hispanic cuisine roguetech labs & bait shop teamed up with Old El Paso to create...

Of course mine is just meat and cheese.
        It would be kinda hard to breathe through that thing.

Comment

Are you encouraging me to put ketchup on my tacos, burritos and enchiladas?
          Say what!?? That's craziness man!

Now minced lettuce on the other hand...
          Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
          As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Mmmhhh, well, ranch dressing still makes the taco a taco, and I would not be surprised that Mexicans genuinely adopted ranch dressing (thus making it Mexican, heheh) as part of the tradition. US cuisine does influence Mexican cuisine after all (as Tex-Mex cuisine tradition can attest ).

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post

Mmmhhh, well, ranch dressing still makes the taco a taco, and I would not be surprised that Mexicans genuinely adopted ranch dressing (thus making it Mexican, heheh) as part of the tradition. US cuisine does influence Mexican cuisine after all (as Tex-Mex cuisine tradition can attest ).
              I live quite close to the Mexican border, so I know quite a lot of Mexican people. Not to mention there are Tex-Mex restaurants all over the place here. Yet I had never heard of people even thinking about putting ranch dressing on tacos until I went to England. That is purely an English invention.
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Say what!?? That's craziness man!

Now minced lettuce on the other hand...
                Lettuce is just (mostly) tasteless filler. Give me the good stuff -- the meat and cheese instead

I should add that in most Mexican restaurants around here when you get a taco it consists of meat, cheese and lettuce. Only a few still add chopped up tomatoes, which used to be more common. If you want to ass salsa, cream cheese or whatever they typically give you some (the salsa is already there for the chips).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I live quite close to the Mexican border, so I know quite a lot of Mexican people. Not to mention there are Tex-Mex restaurants all over the place here. Yet I had never heard of people even thinking about putting ranch dressing on tacos until I went to England. That is purely an English invention.
                  Reeeeaaaallllyyy???? Intriguing.... Mmmhh, well, Ranch could be considered a Salsa, hehehe.
                  Well as long the essence of taconess is not lost (See the OP on the three fundamental elements), I see no reason to see the English contribution of what constitutes a taco objectionable. Taco is taco I always say.

Comment

Lettuce is just (mostly) tasteless filler. Give me the good stuff -- the meat and cheese instead

"Eddie Izzard voice" No lettuce! No taco! You can't have one!

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 4.36.28 p.m..png

That's the rules I've just made up!

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 4.37.15 p.m..png

And I'm backing it up with this Pinthat was lent from Mossy.

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 4.37.43 p.m..png

I should add that in most Mexican restaurants around here when you get a taco it consists of meat, cheese and lettuce. Only a few still add chopped up tomatoes, which used to be more common. If you want to ass salsa, cream cheese or whatever they typically give you some (the salsa is already there for the chips).
                    It would be a great heresy if said Mexican restaurants are withholding the salsa IN the taco, great indeed. Mmhhh, salsa for the chips is lovely, yes, but a taco MUST have the salsa in all of it's messy glory!

Comment

"Eddie Izzard voice" No lettuce! No taco! You can't have one!

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 4.36.28 p.m..png

That's the rules I've just made up!

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 4.37.15 p.m..png

And I'm backing it up with this Pinthat was lent from Mossy.

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 4.37.43 p.m..png
                      Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi.

Comment

In light of the kind of salsa you mention, you may want to consider this fine product:
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

In light of the kind of salsa you mention, you may want to consider this fine product:

That was supposed to be "add salsa"

Comment

Are you encouraging me to put ketchup on my tacos, burritos and enchiladas?
                            I dare you to take that to Chicago, and offer to put it on a hot dog.

I double dare you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I dare you to take that to Chicago, and offer to put it on a hot dog.

I double dare you.
                              Been in Chicago several times. Got stuck in rush hour traffic on a Friday once (got out of the car, went and used the bathroom in a gas station and when I returned the car had moved no more than a hundred feet). And I've had a hot dog there with ketchup only when we decided to chill for awhile and let the traffic die down a bit. So been there, done that.

Comment

taco.gif

Comment