Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vg5db.jpg
    Attached Files
    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
      For the record, flour tortillas are a legitimate part of Northern Mexican and Tejano cuisine: https://www.splendidtable.org/story/...stavo-arellano
      Heresy! Bunch of norteño heretics the lot of them! They are of the land of savages for a reason (as the article states) and unfit to say what are the ways of the true taco. But granted.... it is delicious heresy...

On a side note, I do actually share the notion of Francis Lam, of the possibility that the "folded" bread originated with the Arab/Berber custom of making bread, and how local Iberians called them: tortas from the old Latin tortam (bent/twist), and tortilla being a diminutive of tortas. Thus utterly separate origins! Only corn, they cannot even be called tortillas! I have spoken!

Though I mostly go for soft corn on my tacos and leave flour for burritos these days. Unless I'm at Rosa's with their fresh flour tortillas. Mmm.
      That does actually sound quite tasty.

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
        Heresy! Bunch of norteño heretics the lot of them! They are of the land of savages for a reason (as the article states) and unfit to say what are the ways of the true taco. But granted.... it is delicious heresy...

On a side note, I do actually share the notion of Francis Lam, of the possibility that the "folded" bread originated with the Arab/Berber custom of making bread, and how local Iberians called them: tortas from the old Latin tortam (bent/twist), and tortilla being a diminutive of tortas. Thus utterly separate origins! Only corn, they cannot even be called tortillas! I have spoken!

That does actually sound quite tasty.
        You want heresy? I'll show you heresy

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Now back to the perfect taco

Freezer-Taco-Meat-Feature.jpg
          Sufficient meat, but mucho más queso!

Fill-Taco-Shells.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            You want heresy? I'll show you heresy

I just can't..... that is just full of Noooooooooooo.

Comment

Now back to the perfect taco

Freezer-Taco-Meat-Feature.jpg
              Sufficient meat, but mucho más queso!

Fill-Taco-Shells.jpg

That looks more palatable, but far from perfect.....
              ¡thiiiiiissss is perfección amigo mio! And the last one is actually quite cheesy and meaty enough for you! Beef and Cheese included!

receta-de-tacos-de-frijoles.jpgreceta-tacos-de-tripa.jpg900X570_Cheese-Poblano-Steak-Chispa-Tacos-Chispas-Tacos.jpg

Comment

That looks more palatable, but far from perfect.....
                ¡thiiiiiissss is perfección amigo mio! And the last one is actually quite cheesy and meaty enough for you! Beef and Cheese included!

receta-de-tacos-de-frijoles.jpgreceta-tacos-de-tripa.jpg900X570_Cheese-Poblano-Steak-Chispa-Tacos-Chispas-Tacos.jpg

Chipotles makes their tacos with chunks of steak. They're kind of pricey and not nearly as good as tacos with ground beef.

My best friend insists that Taco Bell makes the best taco. If you ever had one you'd wonder if he was born without taste buds. I mean, for what they charge it isn't bad. Not good either. Especially compared to virtually any other taco. (their beef is only 88% beef)

He also thinks that Little Caesar's makes the best pizza. Again not bad for only $5 but ... Other "fast food" pizza chains make a much better pizza for just a couple bucks more.

And don't even get me started on who he thinks makes the best steaks.

Comment

I figure that whenever Andius returns this will likely give him a stroke

Comment

bacon
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

tocino

Comment

Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Firstly, I was never gone, just busy, there is a difference. And no amount of culinary heretical desecrations will run me off.

Secondly, not a stroke... but admittedly, I screamed internally in rage when that abomination of an image reached my eyes. Plus it looks pukey. Quanta's reaction is quite right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            bacon
                            ¡Deliciosidad! (Deliciousness)
                            tocino
                            On this awesomeness, we can agree on. Perfección manifiestoooo.

Mucho tocino siempre es bueno.

(Lots of bacon is always good.)

Comment

Firstly, I was never gone, just busy, there is a difference. And no amount of culinary heretical desecrations will run me off.

Secondly, not a stroke... but admittedly, I screamed internally in rage when that abomination of an image reached my eyes. Plus it looks pukey. Quanta's reaction is quite right.
                              Good thing I didn't post any pictures of hotdogs in taco shells

Comment

Good thing I didn't post any pictures of hotdogs in taco shells
                                You have pictures of that? You're a monster.
                                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment