Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want Exercise but Should You Risk the Adventure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want Exercise but Should You Risk the Adventure?

This game called Pokémon Go is hot right now. VERY hot. And has some...interesting...side effects.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/g...n-go/86928122/

I think I'd pass on the dead body...
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

I was straightening up my garage yesterday afternoon, and a nice young couple came walking up the street (did I mention I live in a NEIGHBORHOOD now?) holding their phones out in front of them, obviously watching the screens while walking to the corner..... I hadn't heard of this Pokemon thing - only heard about it this morning on the news...... and they ended up standing in the MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION holding their phones in front of them, totally focused on the screens, turning slowly this way and that....

At first, I thought this was one of those geo-search things, but I thought that had pretty much faded away...

It was weird -- and potentially DEADLY!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I heard the Pokemon are hiding and attacking. Just last week Pikachu ate my neigbor's cat. I promptly gave him Teal's address.

Comment

Dumb. I go for walks looking for things like birds and flowers and listen for birds and cars coming as I cross the road.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Dumb. I go for walks looking for things like polar bears and baby seals and listen for snow plows coming as I cross the road in my mukluks.
          ffify.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Dumb.
              Perhaps. Although this app/game has managed to get people who normally doesn't set a foot outside of their house to start going outside and going for strolls, so there's always that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                Perhaps. Although this app/game has managed to get people who normally doesn't set a foot outside of their house to start going outside and going for strolls, so there's always that.
                That's the interesting part.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  That's the interesting part.
                  I would be far more interested in the game if they made them compatible with augmented-reality glasses like Google Glass or HoloLens...

Comment

I would be far more interested in the game if they made them compatible with augmented-reality glasses like Google Glass or HoloLens...
                    THEN, when the cement truck runs you over, you can die in STYLE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      ffify.
                      You forgot to add "and toque" after "mukluks"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        THEN, when the cement truck runs you over, you can die in STYLE!!!
                        That's the thing, I wouldn't, since I wouldn't need to be engrossed in my smartphone and would actually be able to see where I'm going.

Comment

there is another augmented reality game called Ingres, that is more of a sci-fi/spy game.

https://www.ingress.com/

I might check that one out. A bit more 'mature' than Pokemon.

I do need a motivation to do more exercise.

Comment

That's the thing, I wouldn't, since I wouldn't need to be engrossed in my smartphone and would actually be able to see where I'm going.
                            Well, that's what I noticed.... because of the hot and bright Texas afternoon sun, these two people were holding one hand over their phones for shade, and squinting -- it was obvious they were having a hard time seeing the display in the bright sunlight. So, yeah, they were literally engrossed in their phones, oblivious to anything around them.

Comment

legs.jpg
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment