Attachment test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying it again.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Okay, if I go through the steps I just listed, fighting my way through the garbled mess, the above post is what I get.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Interesting...I don't think I've had to drag anything. Will try another attachment later...I have to go to the hospital soon.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I get the same thing Mossy.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
            I get the same thing Mossy.
            Thank goodness! Sparky says it's all just me!

Comment

checking to see if I can do it...

Also, it won't let me load a picture for my avatar. I don't even have the option to
              choose.

ETA: Well, it put a working link in there, let's see if I can get a real picture...
              perndgn.jpg
              Last edited by moreta; 01-18-2014, 03:58 AM.
              Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment

I think only the moderators can have an av right now. I couldn't get one either until Chrs made me red.

Comment

Am I limited to four attachments? If so how would I delete one and would that affect the thread I parked the attachment in?
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

After I click the Insert Image button, it brings up a window. In the lower right corner of the window I click on where it says basic uploader. Then I click on the From Computer tab and hit Choose file. After I select the file, I click on upload file(s) right below it.

At first the attachment appeared as a link, but if I edit the post and upload the same file a second time, then it will appear as a thumbnail, even if I delete both sets of attachment tags.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Soyeong; 02-13-2014, 02:08 AM.
                    "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Testing to see if I can start by uploading the same file twice, then deleting both sets of tags without editing the post.

future.jpeg

Nope, I had edit it to upload the file a third time and keep the attachment tags to get it to stay. However, this time it appears without the small box around it that says Attached Thumbnails.

Editing the post now and deleting the attachment tags will make the small box reappear around the attachment when I preview it, but I cancelled out of that.
                      Last edited by Soyeong; 02-13-2014, 02:22 AM.
                      "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Testing to see what happens if I upload the file and then delete the attachment tags, then upload the file a second time and keep the second set of tags.

Comment

Testing to see what happens if I upload the file twice and then delete the second set of attachment tags.

Comment

Uploading it twice, keeping both.

Editing to upload a third time:

future.jpeg

It seems that editing it to attach the file again is what does the trick and it is safe to delete the previous attachment tags.
                            Last edited by Soyeong; 02-13-2014, 02:39 AM.

Comment

I forgot to test what happens if I make a post without bothering to attach anything, then edit it and upload the file once.

future.jpeg

Apparently that works.

Comment