Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Check for ports that should be closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, TS asked me if it were OK to post that port sniffer site. I told him OK.

Although he mentioned something about having been hit by "Darko" which I never heard of. Anyone else hear of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      To be fair, TS asked me if it were OK to post that port sniffer site. I told him OK.

Although he mentioned something about having been hit by "Darko" which I never heard of. Anyone else hear of it?
      I just know that men love darko because their deeds are ebol.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Thank you.
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I have anti virus for my computer and my tablet. I am good
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            I have anti virus for my computer and my tablet. I am good
            You THINK you're good! The antivirus programs are written by the same people who write the viruses! When sales slow down, they pump out more viruses so they can sell more antivirus!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One can test the first 1056 ports to make sure they are stealth. Not seen as open. Not seen as closed. Either can invite trouble.

Go here: https://www.grc.com/default.htm On that page look for the link: ShieldsUP! And follow the instructions and test those ports.
              Last edited by 37818; 04-18-2015, 09:43 PM. Reason: correct number to 1056
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                Thank you.
                You are welcome.

So what is "Darko?" I never heard of it (other than the movie Donnie Darko)

Comment

"Please to be clicking this link that will run an external portscan on your home computer and absolutely promises not to send that information to interested third parties"

Imma gonna say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                    "Please to be clicking this link that will run an external portscan on your home computer and absolutely promises not to send that information to interested third parties"

Imma gonna say no.
                    Reminds me of the time a work colleague (who was a new start) from a different office had been to an OWASP meeting and thought it was a great idea to run nmap across all our servers to check for vulnerabilities, but without okaying it with anyone in IT first. The boss was not a happy man with him.
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment