Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

WARNING - Siri is feeling VIOLENT today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded voxer walkie talkie and heytell.

I signed in through facebook so if one of my friends on facebook signs on heytell or voxer using facebook they should see me as a contact.

Try calling me on heytel, cp. or voxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I just downloaded voxer walkie talkie and heytell.

I signed in through facebook so if one of my friends on facebook signs on heytell using facebook they should see me as a contact.

Try calling me on heytel, cp. or voxer.
      Will do... will be in a Ministerial Alliance meeting for about 2 hours, then will be free!

Who are you on HeyTell?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Will do... will be in a Ministerial Alliance meeting for about 2 hours, then will be free!

Who are you on HeyTell?
        I just signed into voxer and heytel using facebook so it should be under my real name. I didn't see you on the contact list though so it either means you didn't sign on using facebook, or you have it blocked to certain people.

Comment

voxer is pretty neat. I got my brother on it and we tried it out. I also sent you an invite through facebook

Comment

Cow Poke and I Voxertalkerfied!!! It works pretty good.

Comment

Cow Poke and I Voxertalkerfied!!! It works pretty good.
              It seemed slightly more instantaneous than HeyTell.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just signed into voxer and heytel using facebook so it should be under my real name. I didn't see you on the contact list though so it either means you didn't sign on using facebook, or you have it blocked to certain people.
                I don't like letting my programs and apps share data or contacts.

Comment

I don't like letting my programs and apps share data or contacts.
                  Wow. I was just called by a Nigerian Prince who wants to give me $2 million dollars!!! (j/k)

Yeah I am usually the same way but in this case I just went ahead and signed in with facebook instead of signing up separately. It will show you anyone of your friends who is using voxer, but it doesn't put them on your contact list unless you call them first and I guess they would have to approve it. Not to sure how it works since the only facebook friend that showed up was Lynn (Jardinprayer) and I didn't want to bother her out of the blue.

Comment

I think voxer will let you do group chats too.

Comment

I think voxer will let you do group chats too.
                      Yeah, the FREE version lets you do 15 in a group - the paid version lets you do 500!

Comment

Yeah, the FREE version lets you do 15 in a group - the paid version lets you do 500!
                        that's strange, under Walkie-talkie mode it says the free version doesn't have it. What the heck were we using then, and what would be the difference with the walkie-talkie mode?

Comment

that's strange, under Walkie-talkie mode it says the free version doesn't have it. What the heck were we using then, and what would be the difference with the walkie-talkie mode?
                          I think walkie-talkie mode is REALTIME transmission, rather than immediate transmission AFTER you release the "talk" button.

I'm gonna test that tonight when my wife gets home, and we can play with two phones in the same room.

Comment

Ah here it is: https://support.voxer.com/hc/en-us/a...e-Talkie-Mode-

sounds just like a way to use a headset with it and talk even when the phone is locked. no biggie for me.

Comment

Ah here it is: https://support.voxer.com/hc/en-us/a...e-Talkie-Mode-

sounds just like a way to use a headset with it and talk even when the phone is locked. no biggie for me.
                              Yeah, saw that, too ... not sure. Doesn't look like I can really justify the PAID version, as the free one seems to do everything quite well.

Comment

Yeah, saw that, too ... not sure. Doesn't look like I can really justify the PAID version, as the free one seems to do everything quite well.
                                yup.

better than skype. I likes it.

Comment