Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

WARNING - Siri is feeling VIOLENT today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING - Siri is feeling VIOLENT today!

I told Siri to text my wife and tell her that I had HeyTell'd her .... HeyTell is a cool walkie-talkie type app ..... and Siri got violent!

hate killed.jpg

I always TRY to check what Siri says before I hit "Send", but sometimes... well...
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Sure. Blame Siri which can't defend itself

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Sure. Blame Siri which can't defend itself
      HERself. She has FEELINGS, you know!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is this sort of like the auto correct of iPad?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Is this sort of like the auto correct of iPad?
          Kinda sorta --- you SPEAK to your iphone, and Siri types what you say.... she often comes up with some real bloopers!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Kinda sorta --- you SPEAK to your iphone, and Siri types what you say.... she often comes up with some real bloopers!
            I was complaining to my daughter one day about iPad autocorrect, and she told me that she felt the same way. She has a friend with a little girl named Fayth. And my daughter said she kept asking her friend how fatty is doing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

My worst one (and I was trying to find it) was when I texted my Police Captain telling him "I will double check for you", and Siri typed "I double love you" ----- and I didn't look at it til FOUR HOURS LATER!!!!!

Comment

So you texted your wife to tell her you already called her on a walkie talkie app that is supposed to replace having to text someone? OoooooKaaaayyyy.

BTW I can see the heytell app being just a bit inconvenient or embarrassing if you are somewhere on business and you get someone chatting to you out of the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  So you texted your wife to tell her you already called her on a walkie talkie app that is supposed to replace having to text someone? OoooooKaaaayyyy.
                  She NEVER updates her apps, so sometimes her messages get "stuck", and she has to reboot her phone to get them.

BTW I can see the heytell app being just a bit inconvenient or embarrassing if you are somewhere on business and you get someone chatting to you out of the blue.
                  Yeah, fortunately, it lets you know you have a message, but won't automatically play it until you open the app.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    She NEVER updates her apps, so sometimes her messages get "stuck", and she has to reboot her phone to get them.

Yeah, fortunately, it lets you know you have a message, but won't automatically play it until you open the app.
                    errrrr. so why not just use the phone as a phone then?

Comment

errrrr. so why not just use the phone as a phone then?
                      You mean... like... talk to my wife on the PHONE?!?!?! What, are you NUTS?!?!?! We did a bunch of that when we were DATING!!!!!

Comment

what makes heytell different from just using the phone to make calls?

Comment

what makes heytell different from just using the phone to make calls?
                          She's busy at work, and so am I, so when one of us thinks of something, we can "heytell", and the voice message just "stays there" (with a notification that there's a message) until the other person answers it. That way, if one of us is on the phone, or in a meeting, we don't have to play telephone tag, or "I'll call you later"....

It's way better than texting because....
                          A) you can "heytell" while driving just by "push to talk" without typing or looking at your phone
                          2) since it's VOICE, you have all the "tone of voice" stuff so you can tell if you're kidding, or whatever

It also has a map function, so I'll heytell her, with "map on", telling her "I'm on the way home", and she can see my position on the map.

It's pretty neat for "oh, can you pick up a dozen eggs on the way home" --- or short messages that don't need to be a whole conversation.

Like, when you're driving -- you can heytell something while stopped at a traffic light without "being on the phone" in rush hour or heavy traffic.

It's just really convenient.

(And, I STILL like to talk to her on the phone - I have ALWAYS loved her telephone voice! )

Comment

here is a review of three walkie-talkie apps: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/06/te...anted=all&_r=0

since it is from the NYTimes, Lao Tsu will appreciated it.

Comment

here is a review of three walkie-talkie apps: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/06/te...anted=all&_r=0

since it is from the NYTimes, Lao Tsu will appreciated it.
                              Excellent article describing walkietalkieisms, and I just may try the voxer app ---- sometimes, as I said, heytell gets "stuck" ---- though I think that's because my wife never EVER updates her apps or OS.

AND--- NYTimes approved!!!!

And I wonder how many people know that "VOX" stands for "Voice Operated Relay" or "Voice Operated Communications / Transmissions".

Comment