Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

NSA spy ware in most hard disks? What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSA spy ware in most hard disks? What to do?

Kim Komando, self-called "Digital Goddess," relayed a report that the NSA have secreted spy software in most hard disks. Unfortunately, the only remedy she offered was the Blackphone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WczXWirN9oo
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Good thing I still have my floppy drive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

no phones use hard drives, TS.

But here is a more detailed report:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0LK1QV20150216

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        no phones use hard drives, TS.
        I think Kim Komando suggested the Blackphone as a future possibility that lets you do transactions with the world and keep out spy agencies out of them.

But here is a more detailed report:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0LK1QV20150216
        Thank you, Sparko. What do you mean with the word "but"?
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
          I think Kim Komando suggested the Blackphone as a future possibility that lets you do transactions with the world and keep out spy agencies out of them.
          So you trust a group of admitted hackers to provide you with a secure phone?

Thank you, Sparko. What do you mean with the word "but"?
          Because while phones do not have hard drives, computers do, and what you reported is at least partially true. I don't think the hard drive manufacturers or computer manufacturers are putting in the spyware. It appears that the NSA has found a way to infect the firmware themselves.

Which also means they know everything you are doing and saying on your computer. So if you hear the black helicopters, you should have an escape plan. I suggest you go live off the grid for a few years. No computers, no phones, no electronics.

Comment

Who ever has to listen to me, or read my computer work, will be mighty bored.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Good thing I still have my floppy drive.
              Of course you aren't worried, the Ninja Squirrel Assassins work for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So you trust a group of admitted hackers to provide you with a secure phone?
                I am wishing now that I had not mentioned Kim's mention of the Blackphone. I am not now planning to get it, though I am wondering whether there is something I could do to verify security.

Because while phones do not have hard drives, computers do
                I am hopeful that by now you are realizing that, while I blundered in mentioning Kim's mention of the Blackphone, I did not blunder into thinking that phones have hard drives.

Which also means they know everything you are doing and saying on your computer. So if you hear the black helicopters, you should have an escape plan. I suggest you go live off the grid for a few years. No computers, no phones, no electronics.
                I suggest you look up Ruby Ridge. http://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                  It's not open-source from what I see.... can't really trust it then...
                  "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                  -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment