Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

How does the MultiQuote function work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

I've tried that before, I've not got it to work.

It works for me, as long as the two posts I want to quote are on the same page.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    Thanks! That is kind of how I remembered it, but I was off on a step.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's pretty much what I did but I opened my reply in another tab and simply moved what I just copied over to it.
    Yeah, when I try to use the actual multi-quote function, it just locks up the second time.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They way I've done it is --- go to the first place you want to quote, hit the quote function, then copy all the stuff you want to quote -- including the quote tags --- then hit CANCEL!
    Go to the next place you want to quote, hit the quote function, then INSERT what you just copied (above or below what's already there), then copy all of that --- you can edit it out later --- then hit CANCEL!

Now you can either insert that all in a new post, or "quote" another one, insert that, then drag and drop it, edit it to your heart's content.

OR, if it's a long post - I use WordPad or some other text editor to do all my arranging in, then copy that all into a new post.
    That's pretty much what I did but I opened my reply in another tab and simply moved what I just copied over to it.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

They way I've done it is --- go to the first place you want to quote, hit the quote function, then copy all the stuff you want to quote -- including the quote tags --- then hit CANCEL!
    Go to the next place you want to quote, hit the quote function, then INSERT what you just copied (above or below what's already there), then copy all of that --- you can edit it out later --- then hit CANCEL!

Now you can either insert that all in a new post, or "quote" another one, insert that, then drag and drop it, edit it to your heart's content.

OR, if it's a long post - I use WordPad or some other text editor to do all my arranging in, then copy that all into a new post.

Leave a comment:

• Diogenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Weird, I could have sworn I got multiquote working under the new system, but I can't get it to now.
    Try this method.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied

That makes a lot of sense, like nesting in Excel. I was doing it like full quotes within quotes. I feel a bit stupid now...
    Weird, I could have sworn I got multiquote working under the new system, but I can't get it to now.

Leave a comment:

• Diogenes
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    As rogue's are wont to do ... I cheated.

I simply copy pasta'd each quote with out adding the end quote portion then put all three end quotes at the end of the post

f1e48f7c-1b4b-4001-b252-a9acbd328403.jpg

resulting in this...

That makes a lot of sense, like nesting in Excel. I was doing it like full quotes within quotes. I feel a bit stupid now...

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    commented on 's reply
    The [ QUOTE=B] should be [QUOTE=B] with no spacing

• rogue06
    replied
    For rogue06 regarding this post:

Can you post that in plain text so I can see how that multi-quote worked? I can't figure it out.
    As rogue's are wont to do ... I cheated.

I simply copy pasta'd each quote with out adding the end quote portion then put all three end quotes at the end of the post

f1e48f7c-1b4b-4001-b252-a9acbd328403.jpg

resulting in this...

Originally posted by A
    Just
    Originally posted by B
    Originally posted by C
    This

Leave a comment:

• Diogenes
    replied

You misspelled 'ban'.
    I had this in mind

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Rogue was able to get it to work in the post I quoted, it could be witchcraft. We may need to burn Rogue
    You misspelled 'ban'.

Leave a comment:

• Diogenes
    replied

That was under the old system - I can't make the new one work.
    Rogue was able to get it to work in the post I quoted, it could be witchcraft. We may need to burn Rogue

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    For rogue06 regarding this post:

Can you post that in plain text so I can see how that multi-quote worked? I can't figure it out.
    That was under the old system - I can't make the new one work.

Leave a comment: